Chapter Four

I lay unmoving on the bed, sore and afraid as I stared at the complex chandelier that hung in the room. It's delicate features seemed to amaze me, the way it sparkled slightly with the rising daylight.
The alarmclock read 7 am and Luca was currently having a shower. He was fully aware I was awake but said nothing to me as he woke, I was utterly grateful for this. I didn't want a repetition of last night.
The bedcover hid my body from his prying eyes and I felt disgusted at him for his actions and also at myself for not putting up enough fight last night.

The door to the bathroom opened and Luca walked out with a towel tied loosely around his waist, making his way into the walk in closet we now shared.
I had to admit, he was really handsome but all that beauty was a waste due to his lifestyle. He was a beautiful man who had a nasty personality, A dashing man with a hideous behavior.

"You should get some sleep tesoro, we had a busy night after all" he said stepping out of the dresser.

He was dressed in a black suit which fitted him perfectly and highlighted his godly look.
Everything about this man screamed money, luxury and lavish. Even his clothes and perfumes were highly rich.

" I couldn't sleep" my voice came out hoarse from all my crying.

"Bene, hai passato tutta la notte a piangere gli occhi"
(well you spent the whole night crying your eyes out) Luca spoke in Italian as always. He knew I didn't understand Italian but kept using it.

"You weren't even a damn virgin tesoro"

"I was engaged to someone Luca, what did you expect" I was so grateful I had lost my innocence to Maximiliano before Luca had the chance of taking it away brutally

Luca was by my side in a flash, grabbing my hair, he hoisted me roughly out of the bed.

"Learn your place Aimee, everything of you belongs to me" he spat maliciously

"Let go Luca.. y-you're h-hurting me"

"You have a really beautiful face bambino, we wouldn't want to ruin it now" his fingertips caressed my cheek

"I'm s-sorry please" I pleaded, my chest contracting in fear.

The ringing of his cellphone stopped him from any further action.
My body fell to the floor with a thud as he dropped me like some used device and moved over to the side table where his phone lay.

" Raff" he grunted in his phone, pacing around the room as he listened to Raffaello intently.

"Sto arrivando proprio Ora"
(I'm on my way right now) he replied before getting off the call and slipping the mobile into his pocket.

Luca stalked towards me with a stoic expression, with very step he took I backed away to the far end of the king sized bed.

"Luca, please "

"You're pleas are so tempting Il mio fiore, we'll save them for later" he said moving to the edge of the bed where I sat curled in the bedcover. He enjoyed my fear towards him

" I'll be back late, don't try escaping while I'm gone tesoro" he tucked my stray hair behind my ear before placing a kiss on my forehead.
He flashed me a charming smile then exited the room. His bipolar personality would always keep me on the edge as long as we stayed married.

Tiredness started kicking in as I hadn't slept all through the night too scared of what Luca might do.
Last night it was obvious he gained pleasure from hurting me like he did, the thought of that made me sick instantly.
________________

The next time my eyes fluttered open, the time read 1:30 pm. This wasn't a surprise as I was extremely exhausted. As suspected, the curtains to the floor length window weren't let up which made daylight peek into the room dimly.

Peeling myself off the bed and wrapping the bedcover over my naked body, I made my way to the bathroom to freshen up. The ache between my legs slightly noticeable.
Opening the cabinet, I took out a new pair of toothbrush and quickly brushed before stepping into the shower.
The warm water felt nice on my skin as it cascaded down my body. Female body wash was laid out neatly besides Luca's.

I continuously scrubbed my skin in an attempt to wash off Luca's vile touch as memories of last night flooded my mind.
The way he treated me like I were some random whore he picked off the street, each time he bit into my skin placing his mark, each time he forced himself in me like he was an animal.
I felt disgusted bearing his last name, being his wife, sharing the same home and bed with him. I hated myself for letting him assault me.
A sob raked through me as I slumped down the shower wall, my legs raised to my chest as the warm water rained down on me. Multiple other sobs and tears followed right after. For the first time in years I didn't cry silently.

Turning off the water an hour later, I wrapped a towel around my body and stepped out the shower.
I was about walking into the room but stopped at the mirror. Wiping away the fog from the heat of the shower I took in my appearance. The girl staring back at me looked nothing like she had twenty-four hours ago.
Hickeys decorated my neck down to my cleavage. What can I say, Luca Savedra always left his signature.

My brilliant blue eyes looked dull and mirrored my broken soul. Raising my hand to my left cheek, my fingers glazed the slightly noticeable purple bruise from the slap he had given me last night. I was thankful it didn't turn out as bad as I expected.

Turning away from the mirror, I made my way into the bedroom.
My side of the walk in closet was filled with different cloths, ranging from shirts to skirts to sweats to gowns of various types. The left drawer was full of undergarments with mostly black lingeries and the other was filled with lady stuff. All the contents of the closet were a perfect match and to my fancy as Luca already had a complied documentation of my data.

I decided on a simple halter neck and some random black sweatpants as my stomach began rumbling needing food before making my way down the stairs and to the kitchen.

"hello lady Savedra" a lady who I guess is the cook greeted as I walked into the kitchen.

"Please just Aimee" I replied taking in her appearance. She looked to be in her forties with a smile plastered across her face

"I'm Catherine" her name reminded me of my mother, how much I missed my mother

"could I have something to eat please, I'm really starving" I said

"Of course child, you didn't even have breakfast. Go wait in the living room and I'll have lunch served in a few" she responded

Few minutes later and I was served the best plate of macaroni and cheese I have ever tasted.
"They taste so good Catherine " I complimented for the millionth time although I knew she couldn't hear me all the way from the kitchen.

I was down to my last spoon when Luca walked out the front door and approached where I sat.

" you look sexy Mia moglie " he complimented kissing my lips.

"You're home early"

"And there I was thinking you missed me tesoro" his lips formed a smirk.

You thought wrong you monster
I said under my breath.

"What was that Aimee??" he inquired

"Uhm nothing"

"I thought so too" he retorted climbing the stairs. " I'm going to my office and I don't wish to be disturbed"

"By the way, you wear my mark so perfectly tesoro" wickedness rolled out his tongue along with his words as he disappeared into the hallway.