CHAPTER 12: NO DAY OFF

Jin's POV

We were all escorted back to the main base of operation by plane. I took my time reading a book after a tiring day of fending off armed forces. Though we only appeared at the end of the mission, it was too much for us to handle and we barely survive the massive wave of bullets.

Good thing that Yoongi was able to stop it in time or we could be swiss cheese. I'm just glad that none of us got seriously hurt. It would be devastating if it were.

"Hey, do you want some tea?" A mug of hot tea came straight into my field of vision, blocking my reading.

"Y-yeah, thank you...." I was flustered at how sudden the situation is right now.

Nayeon.....

I set the mug on the table side and resume my reading. Though her stare were pretty unnerving, I've kept composure and ignore her delicate stare.

"Jin...." She took a seat beside which caught me off guard.

"Y-yes?" I closed my book and respond to her with a lopsided smile.

"Well.... I don't know how to put this into words..." I gulped at her statement.

"I think we need to get closer." She said.

"W-what do you mean?"

"Well.... you know, everyone is close with their partners, well aside from Tzuyu and Jungkook. I thought that maybe we could get to know each other a bit more." Nayeon fiddle with her fingers.

"I-I don't know what to say about this..... Everyone have a history together while we.....
We just met at highschool." I sighed.

It's true, there's nothing set us apart than just friends that we just met.

"I know...... and that's why we need to get to know more about each other. We're partners after all. It would be awkward if we continue like this." She said.

"Well.... you're right.... we need to break the ice if we want to improve our communication." I took my mug and started drinking.

"How about a date?"

I sprayed out the tea at her sudden remark. Wait what?!

"A-A date?" I wiped my lower jaw that was drenched in tea.

"Not a date date, a friendly date." She beamed out a smile which made me flustered a little.

"B-but s-shouldn't we start slow first, like hangout at school or something." I began to stutter as the impact from earlier literally have taken me breathless.

"Well, that works too. But we need to know each other in a more secluded place, like a cafe. People from our school will think wrongly about us." She sit back down on her seat, staring down on her cup of tea.

I forgot....

She's the daughter of a well known CEO in Korea, of course anything she does in school will attract attention.

"Yeah...." I paused for a moment, admiring her side profile at such distance. She was indeed pretty as the students say but I never did observe her in detail.

I was hesitant towards her, maybe it's the fact that we're both have completely different backgrounds. Either way, I need to build a steady relationship with her if we ever to improve.

".......you're right."

*****

"Great work on your first mission, X-Wraith." JYP came in and slammed down the papers with a satisfied grin.