Running with Wolves

Paz entered her house to find that her husband was gone along with his over night bag. She went to call but stopped when she found a note ' Be back by morning' .

Instantly, she knew something was wrong with this situation because they had discussed children, and he was still very unsure. He agreed so easily to her pregnancy news which meant one thing he wasn't listening. A sense of dread flooded through her body as she went into the bedroom to find that he had gotten high before setting off to his destination. The mother to be picked up her cell phone and called Shire imdiatatly; the women picked up after two rings.

"Hey what's up?"

"I need an honest answer. Did Barney and Gunnar have a disagreement today or recently?"

"He did say Gunnar stopped by earlier but left when he wasn't allowed to rejoin. Why?"

"Gunnar gone! He left high!"

Shire cursed under her breath slightly. She heard heavy footsteps in the background with screaming kids. Paz plopped onto the bed when Shire started hollering for her husband.

"Look, since he came back from that island he been different. He want let me leave his sight; he going back to this island to save this girl from whatever."

Paz didn't answer. She remained silent, holding her stomach. Shire couldn't hear a sound from the other end and started to worry.

"Look, Paz, call me when he gets home. Come stay here if you feel like you need to."

"I am good thanks. I do appreciate it maybe if I get some sleep I will feel better and won't worry as much."

With the statement lingering in Shire's mind, she hung up to see her husband staring at her. Paz didn't even bother to change clothes just curled up under the sheets and fell asleep with dread in her dreams. The Romanian thought she had only been asleep for what seemed like minutes when she heard voices in her living room. Quietly she creeped into the hallway to see her husband, instinctively she ran to him to only be pushed into the wall by another man. A pain coursed through her hips; tears fell freely from her cheeks. She knew the pressure had done caused damage. Gunnar stood wide eyed at the sight before him. He wanted to take her to the hospital, but the gun to her head directed other wise. The nearly seven foot man wasn't afraid to get shot; this was something different. Paz slid down the wall holding her sides.

"She stays. We have a long day tomorrow so get sleep, and by the way, if you use protection shit mistakes won't happen." A stranger's voice spatted at they crashed onto the couch.

Gunnar lifted his young wife into his arms, carrying her to the bed. He held the crying woman all night. The only thing he could think to say at the moment, and he actually meant it this time.

"It wasn't time yet, I will get clean and next time we will make it all the way."

Paz believed him as her eyes drooled closed at the scent of his rustic cologne.