Bat Crazy

Barney and Shire relaxed in the bedroom as Hunts slept between them and the girls were at a friend's house. They were enjoying the peace and quiet until they heard a hurried knock come from the door. Barney was quick to his feet, and he had his hand on his knife hilt while he opened the door to see a large Cheshire smile across Paz's face. He sighed, stepping aside with an annoyed expression. She didn't pay his angry slam any attention as she silently bounded into their bedroom. Shire was surprised to find the young girl was the one who jumped her nearly off the bed.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" she asked, rubbing the baby's back.

Paz held out her hand with a glee filled expression. She was dressed in a very nice pair of jeans and purple tank top. Shire knew that it meant engagement; Barney entered the room. He crossed his arms and leaned against the frame.

"He finally did it, huh?" his deep voice growled in a half sleepy voice.

"Yes, he sure did. I have to say I thought it was something bad the way he been acting. he even says there is a second surprise."

The couple knew about the house and were awaiting that phone call. They were curious to know how he did, but they didn't have to ask because she blurted it out like vomit.

"He took me to my favorite steakhouse. It was strange because he actually wore sleeves. We ate, drank alittle, but when it got little less crowded he started to pay the bill. I went to the restroom and when I got back there was a box sitting there; I opened it and saw this ring and a cheesy note that said yes or no. He came back and it was final. Here I am."

Shire laughed at the large man's attempt of romance. She was proud and happy for them. Now they had to get the others married, only four to go. Well, three because Lee on again off again counted in her eyes.

"Set a date?"

"We want it to be April 1. Have a Feast of Fools theme!"

Barney nodded in approvement so he could get to his nap quicker. The team had an early morning.

"Well, I am happy for ya, kid. We do have to leave early so go celebrate ,and you two women can talk wedding tomorrow. " Barney grumbled, laying back down beside his son.

Shire waved the happy girl off as she skipped her way back to her car. She entered the room to see the two men sleeping. A smile crawled across her face as she curled up beside them before closing her eyes, seeing it was five in the afternoon.

The next morning came early, the team of six men sat half awake in the four a.m. star light. Gunnar was the only one with a smile across his face; Ceaser tapped Toll Road and pointed out the normaly grumpy man's joy.

"Ya get laid last night?" the big black man asked

Gunnar chuckled. He didn't want to rethink it becuase he would be uncomfortable the whole sixteen hour flight.

"Yes, and I am getting married. "

"Funny!"

Barney jumped in; they did the same thing to him when he announced his wedding.

"He is and we will be supportive. Now, let's focus on this mission so I can get back so we can help with this shindig. "

The men all loaded and were off to their next destination for another three weeks and more money. Ceaser and Toll Road were envious that Gunnar got a girl before they did. She had to be bat shit crazy, but for some reason she was. Doing it. They had the same idea....pregnant, but they dared not bring that up becuase that was one reason their leader and Shire married other then they actually believe he loved her judging by her picture on his phone and visor that he carries it wherever he goes. Maybe this was love too..but Gunnar capable of love. Time will tell.