Leopard Doesn't change It's Spots

As the women enjoyed their trip to the mall, the two men sat drinking beer and fixing their bikes. Barney took a side look to see his giant friend looking as if thinking about something. The team leader sat up, taking a swig of his beer before starting the conversation.

"What are you thinking about?"

Gunner didn't respond right away but did reply back after he set down the wrench.

"Paz is talking about kids. She asked me if I ever wanted them or thought about having any. "

"Yea, so.."

"I not father material, Ross. She deserves them because she is young, beautiful, and would be a great mother. I don't know. I always wanted a dog, but I will get a cat if it will give me time to think about a child."

Barney laughed, returning to under his bike. He propped one knee up and started to tighten a bolt.

"A dog or car ain't gonna fill the void of a child. Sorry. When a woman says she wants a kid, you can't change it. You either leave or jump aboard the wagon. I choose to join, and it was the best damn decision of my life. Yes..my sex life isn't every night, loud screaming animal sex, but it is the best I have ever had because Shire loves with all she has."

Gunnar couldn't get his mind off the his girl's question. He stood and entered the house to get another beer. I the way to the fridge, he glanced at the family photos and how happy they are. The Swedish man was over whelmed with questions and what it's that he started to get a headache. Barney didn't need to stop to see what his friend was doing to know that he was fighting his paternal instinct to give her a child and being the wild man with no responablities other then Paz. He felt bad for Gunnar. As the man returned, he didn't see Barney under his back but sitting on a stool smoking a cigar.

"Don't think so much, pal. It is a big decision, but not one to kill yourself over. Some men aren't cut out to be fathers." He grumbled.

Gunnar grunted and joined his side just in time to see the silver jeep pull into the driveway. Grethal and Snow were the first out, carrying three bags and running up to their father. Excite clear on their little faces. Shire was slower as she grabbed her son and diaper bag. Paz had a small bag in her hand; she kissed Gunnar and entered the house.

"Have a good time? Judging by the girls.. I'd say yes. "

"It felt good to be out of the house. Wish you didn't stay under you bike though. " Shire countered, kissing her husband and nudging the girls to follow her.

Barney heard her yelling at the girls to put their stuff up as the door shut. He chuckled.

"See it not that bad. Just gotta learn to go with the flow. It's worth it in time. "

Gunnar knew his friend was right, but he wasn't sure if he was good enough. Paz rejoined the group sporting a new black corset style dress; Gunnar eyes lit up. Barney didn't pay it much attention until he caught a side glance of his wife's hurt. She has never been the model skinny like Paz. He went to check on her.

"Hey, you ok?" he asked once inside the bedroom.

Shire nodded as she put away the laundry. Barney saw the girls had new clothes, but she didn't. He walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. His lips placed light kisses down her neck.

"Nothin for you?"

"Na.. I gonna lose more weight before I do."

Barney turned her around so he could look her in the eyes.

"Listen to me. You will never be a size 2, and I don't want you to be. This body has given me three kids, survived many near death injuries, and given me the best sex of my life. I not just saying that. You are beautiful. I love your hips ass and thighs. It is a real woman's body not today's fit to society's. Gunnar looks at Paz as I do you. My opinion should only matter. "

Shire nodded.

"It does,but I want to be able to wear things like that. See that spark in your eyes that you use to have. "

Barney knew he has not been the most attentive to her, but he chases away her hurt by the deepest kiss he has given her since he been home. There was a cough as the door, the couple saw Paz.

"Later..." he whispered, leaving.

Paz slowly entered the room; she pulled out a wrapped package, handing it over to her only female friend. Shire raised a brow.

"You didn't need to."

"Open it, you deserve it. I saw the way you were looking and figured that maybe tonight I would watch the kids. You and Barney take a date. "

Shire unwrapped the paper to see a royal purple dress like her, but it was less fitting more flowy.

"It perfect. Thanks!" she hugged her young friend, "I would not ask it of you"

"I not asking. I telling you. Y'all need a night to yourself. Go out get a room and make up for lost time. He isn't getting younger neither are you."

Shire smiled and reembraced her friend, but was pushed into the bathroom.

"I got the big man. You get ready. "

Shire was grateful to have a friend to have friend like her.