I N T R O D U C T I O N

The sun poured into the room, revealing air full of dirt and dust. Sunlight touched every inch of the room it could, having the frame of the window hold back its full light, creating tall shadows on the walls.

A yellow glow surrounds everything from the light pouring in, only to have the darkness from every corner scatter away.

Josie's eyes flutter open as she notices the room changing in light and color.

She groans as she fixes her posture, feeling the muscles in her legs pull as they need to be stretched. The chair she sits in lays in the farthest corner from the window and door. Her hand behind her back, handcuffed to separate sides, along with her ankles.

Her stomach growls as an angry dog would. She lifts her head hoping someone would appear in the door way.

No one.

The house is silent.

She sighs and begins to look around the room, only to recognize every detail once more. But something across the hall catches her eye.

The room directly across from hers has the door slightly open. It's always closed and no one ever enters it.

She leans over a bit to get a better view in, and with the light from the morning sun brightening up the room, she can see into it.

The room looks identical to hers, except the walls are lined with tearing wallpaper. The room looks even more gloomy with that detail.

Her gaze falls to the floor. A puddle of some sort has formed in the wood, and something is touching it. Squinting, she realizes what she sees.

A hand, with the puddle of blood being the last thing it ever touched. There is a dead body across the room from her.

She sits back and looks away from the opposite room in horror. She immediately loses her appetite.

But her stomach growls again, saying, "If I don't eat soon, I'll just begin to eat you..."