Paul shrugged. "I'll jump with you so you're not alone. So if you die, then we're screwed."

"...Okay." she finally agreed. "But if I die it's on all of you."

Lark, Leo and Alicia quickly pulled off the t-shirts and shorts they'd been wearing over their swimsuits, and the group began the trek up the trail to the cliff. Throughout the hike, Lark brought up the rear of the group, walking slowly and anticipating the dangers that might await, such as sharp rocks under the water, or not being able to swim back up to the surface. However, Paul dragged her along behind him, holding onto her hand so she wouldn't be able to escape.

"I promise, you'll love it." Paul kept reminding her.

"Alright," Embry said as they reached the top of the cliff, and the view of the ocean was finally visible through the cover of the trees. "Here's how it's done."

Embry took off into a run, closing the short distance from where the group stood to the edge of the cliff, and jumping off towards the water below. He gave a shout of delight as he began his descent, and the rest of the group ran up to watch as he plummeted into the water below.

Lark's eyes widened as she watched Embry break the surface of the water, holding her breath in anticipation while she waited for the boy to swim back to the surface. When he finally did, she let out a sigh of relief, and he waved up at the group above him before swimming back to the shore.

"Who's next?" Sam asked, surveying the rest of the group.

"I'll go," Jared said, stepping forward. "I'll show you guys how it's really done."

The group took a few steps back from the edge, giving Jared room to back up and get a running start. To Lark's surprise, instead of jumping off the edge, Jared did a flip off the edge, moving into a second one during his descent before he hit the water.

"We're not doing that," Lark whispered to Paul, who shook his head with a playful grin.

"Alright," Paul announced to the group, "we're next."

"We're what?" Lark asked, her eyes widening.

"Again, you'll love it." he reminded her. "The longer you stay up here, the more you're going to psych yourself out of doing it."

"Isn't a lark a type of bird?" Quil asked, and Lark nodded. "Well, then be a bird." Quil concluded, gesturing to the view. "Spread your wings and fly, little songbird."

Lark looked back at her friends once more before looking back at the water beyond the cliff. She glanced down to see Jared swimming to the surface, where Embry was waiting for them and looking up at the cliff. She took a deep breath, nodding before turning back to the group.

"Let's do this." Lark said, feeling more confident than she had since they began the climb up the cliff.

"That's my girl," Alicia said.

"You've got this, Lark." Leo added.

"Ready?" Paul asked, taking her hand again and leading her back a few steps so they had room to get a running start.

Lark nodded, taking a deep breath. "Ready."

On the count of three, the pair launched forward, taking their running start and leaping off the edge. As Lark made her descent to the ground, she began to smile, the adrenaline coursing through her veins as she looked around at the beach surrounding them. Quil was right, she really did feel like a bird soaring through the sky. A lark. She dared a glance over at Paul, who gave a shout of victory before she looked down to see that they were nearing the water, and she quickly held her breath and shut her eyes tightly as they broke the surface of the water.

Lark plummeted under the surface, the force of her and Paul hitting the water forcing their hands apart. She floated down until she regained control, kicking her legs to bring her back up above water. She broke the surface with a small gasp, looking around to see Paul shaking his wet hair away from his face, and then studying her with his eyebrows raised, awaiting her reactions.

"Well?" he asked as they heard cheering from up above, and Lark looked up to see her friends all jumping up and down with excitement.

"Go Lark!" she could faintly hear coming down from the top of the cliff.

Lark smiled mischievously, her eyes flitting to Paul and back up to the cliff before landing on Paul once more.

"Can we go again?"