"I hate you." The blonde muttered as she turned back to her full English.

"I love you too."

"Ugh."

|×××××××|

"Evie Will you slow down! Class doesn't start for five minutes." Max gasped as Evelyn made a quick walk down the corridor in front of her.

"I know." Evie Replied, "But it's two floors away and I want to get a good seat."

"Or," Max countered, coming up beside her best friend, "you just want to become Lupin's favourite."

"No! You full well know that I'm not like that!" the girl argued.

"Says the only person, ever, to not try to annoy professor snape." Max scoffed.

"Only because I genuinely like potions and I'm actually quite good at it. I'm not trying to be his favourite - it's impossible! And besides, you're worse if anything!"

"How'd you mean?" max asked. Evelyn cleared her throat.

"Oh, Professor Sprout! I'm so tired of working with my friends! Please let me work on a more difficult plant alone!" she mocked.

"I do not say that!" Max gasped. Evelyn laughed.

"I know you don't" the brunette exclaimed, "but I bet you think it."

"Oh, you have no Idea what I think." Max grumbled as the pair continued to climb up yet another moving staircase. As she walked, Evelyn began to wonder what this year would be like - After the last two years, something crazy and unexpected would most likely take place, and after the news of Sirius Black's break out from Azkaban, and the placement of the Dementors around the castle, half the school seemed convinced that the mass murderer would be the source of this year's adventure. Evelyn was not entirely sold on the idea, but she couldn't deny that the theory was very reasonable. After all, the ministry obviously thought it was a possibility - those disgusting, slimy prison guards gave that much away. And as for Professor Dumbledore, sure he certainly didn't seem to like those creatures roaming the grounds, but Evelyn doubted he would have allowed it if he didn't deem it necessary.

"Finally." Max said as she and Evelyn reached the Defense against the dark arts classroom. Only a few other people had arrived, but with a couple more minutes still to go before the class officially would start, and half the class being made of Gryffindors, Evelyn didn't really bat an eyelid.

"C'mon." she said, taking Max's hand and dragging her into the classroom, "let's sit near the middle."

"Sounds good to me."

The pair made a beeline for the middle table in the middle row. As they reached their desired desk, Evelyn put a hand on the table-top in an attempt to reserve the seats. Another hand was slammed down from the other side at almost the exact same time.

"Sorry ladies. This desk is taken." came a voice. Evelyn looked up. Standing in front of her were none other than the Weasley twins. Evelyn rolled her eyes. In the four years she had spent at Hogwarts, she hadn't been a very regular target for their pranks, but she'd been victim many misdirected ones and a couple of jokes played directly on her. They had never taken much interest in her, but now it seemed that the redheaded troublemakers were following her everywhere; top floor, the grounds, the great hall - you name it - the Weasley twins had shown up near her.