13. Spoiler Alert

Start from the beginning

"Friends do visit their friends, right? Isa pa... hindi ba't sabi mo gusto mo namang maranasan na makihalubilo sa mga ordinaryong tao? Then, you will need me. I can be your bodyguard, for free!" Alexa said enthusiastically.

Aya pursed her lips and said, "you don't need to come to my home, though. We can meet outside."

Alexa looked disappointed. "Aww... you still don't trust me?" she asked, pouting. "Ang harsh mo pa rin sa akin. Sa maikling panahon na nagkakilala tayo ay marami na rin naman tayong pinagdaanan, hindi ba?" dagdag pa.

Aya looked blankly at the saddened Alexa. Aminado si Aya na malaki din ang naitulong sa kanya ng makulit na babae. Honestly, she started to like the shorter woman's presence. Having an additional friend wouldn't hurt. But something made Aya hesitates... she was sure Alexa was into her. She didn't know how to approach that. She didn't want another yet complicated relationship.

Alexa could feel Aya's internal turmoil. She understood where the designer was coming from. But Alexa wouldn't let this chance slip, now that she was allowed to be part of Aya's life. Matagal din niyang hinintay na mangyari ito. A few moments had passed but Aya remained silent. "you're taking too long thinking," Alexa cuts the designer's thought. "all right, I won't come to your home if you really didn't want to. Just remember that if you ever need me... I'm just one call away."

Aya quirked her brow yet again at the shorter woman's last lines. "That sounded too cliché. Very original," Aya said mockingly. Aya remembered her friend Ivy. That's what's the journalist said when Aya caught Yuna for the second time, cheating behind her back. If that can be called cheating, because they weren't official by then. Medyo may similarity si Alexa at Ivy. Palabiro din si Ivy, pero mas malala itong si Alexa. Palagay niya ay magkakasundo ang dalawa. "Fine. Huwag ka lang masyadong makulit, kundi ay iba-ban kita," banta ni Aya.

"Aww... maglalagay ka ba ng karatula sa dibdib mo na bawal na akong lumapit sa 'yo?" pabirong tanong ni Alexa.

Tinaliman ng tingin ni Aya ang mapagbirong babae. "Don't you start, because I might do it."

"Okay, okay..." Alexa said in surrender lifting her hands in the air. "Pangako, wala akong gagawing bagay na hindi mo gusto."

"Talaga lang ha? I doubt that."

"What? Promise nga..." Alexa said but with a playful smile in her lips.

"Ewan ko sa 'yo. Diyan ka na nga," irap ni Aya. "I saw my mother peeking. I'm going, before she gets a different idea. Goodbye." Aya opened the passenger door and proceeded to get off. Before closing it again, "And thank you for everything Ms. Madrigal. I enjoyed your company," she said with gratitude.

"Whoah! Aren't we being so formal, Ms. Martinez?" Alexa said slightly chuckling, leaning her left hand at the steering wheel. "And the pleasure is mine. Thank you for welcoming me into your life, you won't regret it."

"I really hope so." Tumalikod na si Aya, subalit nakakailang hakbang pa lang ay muling hinarap si Alexa. "And oh! I might let you visit me here, under one condition...." Stopping on her tracks, she said.

"What condition?" Alexa asked curiously, a hint of excitement in her almost black eyes.

"Just eat isaw with me. Kung ilan ang mauubos ko ay iyon din ang kakainin mo," Aya said playfully then steps backwards, proceeding to enter the house.

Umasim ang mukha ni Alexa. The designer now had the upper hand. Mukhang may pantapat na ito sa kakulitan niya. "Why does it have to be isaw???" habol na tanong kay Aya na nakarating na sa gate.