Boggart

"Are you all ready to face your greatest fears?" Lupin asked his class with a wicked little smile. Every head bobbed up and down in a nervous sort of excitement. "Alrighty then!" Lupin opened up the door to the wardrobe sitting in the middle of the classroom. Right before anything emerged, he pointed his wand at Fiyero.

"Tigelaar! You're up first!" then he stepped away from the wardrobe while Fiyero blanched and took a step towards it. He tripped over his scarlet robes as he made his way over to the wardrobe. For a moment, there was only silence, then the very strict, stern figure of Professor McGonagall.

"Mr. Tigelaar!" her voice was sharp and harsh as she addressed Fiyero and, on reflex, he let out a yelp of fear before straightening his back, leveling his chin, and forcing his own eyes to meet hers. "You will write me a 10-page paper by tomorrow regarding the history of the discovery of animagi and if you do not complete this task, you will fail my class and I shall sentence you to an entire year of detention with me!"

"Riddikulus!" Fiyero yelped, brandishing his wand at the McGonagall boggart. This did nothing except make her angrier.

"I mean it, Mr. Tigelaar!" she warned, eyes flashing dangerously. "And even if you are expelled or drop out, you will still be legally obligated to serve detention with me, or you will be sent to Azkaban!"

"Be brave, Fiyero!" Lupin cried out to the terrified Winkie prince.

"Yes sir!" Fiyero replied, then he did his best to calm his nerves, ignoring McGonagall's continued threats. After taking one last deep breath in, he shouted out the incantation one more time and-

"YOWCH!" McGonagall gave a very undignified and cat-like screech as a firecracker suddenly went off underneath her foot. This sent her sprint-waddling back into the wardrobe in a very comical manner, a hailstorm of laughter following her back.

"Well done, my boy! Well done!" Lupin encouraged as Fieryo gave a satisfied smirk. Now that he had conquered his fear, his arrogance had returned in full blast and he took a dramatic bow before his fellow classmates before stepping back into the crowd, clearly quite proud of himself.

"What an arrogant, smug little-" from the back of the room, Elphaba was grumbling under her breath. Her little sister, Nessarose, responded by touching her arm and giving her a soft warning to behave. Immediately, Elphaba fell silent, but she continued to glare daggers at the stupid little Winkie prince. It made her green skin crawl to think that they shared a house!

"Boq! You're up next!" at the front of the class, Lupin enthusiastically waved the next student forward.

"Me?" the tiny Ravenclaw squeaked. Lupin smiled warmly and nodded at him. Boq gave another nervous little whimper, but he waddled up to the wardrobe nonetheless, tugging nervously on his blue robes as the door slowly opened. What came out was a creature far too big to fit in that wardrobe. It was a monstrosity! A giant! A behemoth! It was like a lion or a griffin, but twice as large! It looked like something Hagrid might've tried to keep in his back yard. Boq gave another terrified yelp as a giant, clawed foot raised itself over his little head.

"Riddikulus!" Boq shrieked, closing his eyes and pointing his wand bravely at his boggart.

"Oh! He's so cute!" it was the soft shrill of another student that first brought Boq back to his senses. He opened his eyes again and...

"Awww!" Boq couldn't help but agree. The giant griffin monster had suddenly been shrunken down to something the size of a puppy. It was even tinier than he was! Now this was a creature Boq would keep in his backyard. The tiny little thing gave a high-pitched wheeze of embarrassment before scuttling back inside the wardrobe, the door slamming behind it as it retreated.