83

"Come in."

No smile is seen even in the eyes of Sinem as she lets her brothers from another mothers inside her apartment in Germany. She pulls wide the door open to give space for her friends. When inside, she releases the door handle and lets it swing back close.

"Hey, Sinem." Thomas and Jake say to her when they have already settled on the sofa.

"Has Max gone here yet?" Jake asks. Sinem levels her vision with her friends and quietly shakes her head denying the question he has asked. Ever since the news, Sinem has been struggling to open her Instagram account. Thus, it makes her unaware of the current events happening with Verstappen and his job. She finds it hard to find happiness, even if there is the simulator, after knowing that Max could have done the same thing Daniel did with his girlfriend.

"Guys, like, Dani, Max and I, the three of us were talking about what happened with Dani and his girlfriend. I was present in the Esports event so I was with my boyfriend. Then, I learned that Daniel cheated with Char and I tried to help him with his situation not knowing I was gonna go through the same thing. I wonder what happened with those two. Anyway, I was busy lately so I didn't know about the post until you sent me the article. Thank you, Tom. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't know." Sinem thought her genuine smile would hide her sadness. Thomas and Jake are not fools. It is a fake smile she had delivered.

"Did Max introduce you with Dilara or her cousins?" ask Jake.

"No, he hasn't."

"Wow. I heard they're family friends. What do you think could the picture be about? No offence but yes, there is a possibility Max had cheated on you but it could also be we have misinterpreted the picture," Thomas adds. He is not wrong and he has a point.

"You're right. I just... everything in the past is still fresh in my mind. I still remember it."

"Sim," Jake and Thomas go around her back and hug her tight. "You'll be stronger."

Suddenly, somebody rings the doorbell. The boys are the first to turn their head to the direction of the sound. "Are you expecting anybody?" Thomas slowly walks toward the door while asking Sinem but she shrugs.

The knob is turned by the Australian and sees the RedBull driver behind the door, Max.

"Uh hey, Thomas. Is Sinem inside?" Max tries to peek to see if he can get a glimpse of the simracer.

Thomas wants to answer but he wants Sinem to personalky address her issue. He lets her take over the door and face her boyfriend.

As much as she is hurt, he is hurting equally. When Sinem looks in his eyes, it just as sad as hers. This is the time to know everything.

The first words that came out his mouth are, "I'm sorry."

"Come inside. Let's talk... if you want."

"I'm pleased."

She leads him inside. Max knows that if Thomas is present, the other is present as well. He is not bothered anyway for he knows how much their friendship mean to each other and now that one of their friend is dealing with a problem, they are here to help.

"Sim, are you going to be good if we leave?" Jake wants to reassure himself that she can do it alone.

"Of course," Sinem nods repeatedly. "I can handle this."

"We're one call away, Sim. Take care." Both hug their friend before leaving the apartment reassured while Max is next to his girlfriend.

"Have a seat."

They sit across each other.

It is like an iceberg is between the gap. The place is chilling, like their stares.

"I'm very sorry, Sim. I didn't mean it."

"What do you mean?" Sinem leans back her couch comfortably. "Enlighten me, please."

"I didn't mean to kiss her. I was drunk and I-I'm sorry."

"Did you say anything to her?"

No. No. No. "I did."

"I told her how much I miss her." This time, Max cannot have the courage to look in her eyes. He is afraid to see how lonely it gets so he hides his face from Sinem and continues, "I told her I still love her."

"Then it's true. Everything in the article is true. Even in the previous articles made about you. They called you a playboy, wow, I didn't believe it. Now I do." Sinem is trying her best not to cry but her voice betrays her.

"No, no. I love you, Sinem. Ik hou van jou."

"Ik ben klaar."