64

//

//

Max couldn't get more excited tomorrow. First his girlfriend will watch him from the paddock and second, he starts P3. He has a higher chance to grab a pole and show off to Sinem. Even if he doesn't finish top 3, he is still the best for Sinem. He is her boyfriend so she sees the best of him anyway.

At the end of the qualification, Max returns to the hospitality where his girlfriend is staying, waiting for him. When she sees him, she didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around him tightly, patting his back gently as she whispers, "You did a great job on your qualification Max. I'm proud of you."

The Dutch's grin would almost hurt his cheek as he cannot stop smiling. He lets go of her arms but keeps his right arm wrapped around her waist. "Of course. I was extra pumped today because somebody I love is watching me and is also supporting me. Who wouldn't be thrilled of it?"

Sinem shakes her head and chuckles from the flattery. The sun is setting and people are preparing to leave the hospitality. Almost the staff are the only ones left. His father, Jos, is also preparing to leave for the hotel. Jos asks the youngsters whether they will come with him but Max has other plans in his mind.

"I'm gonna go now," Jos reminds them.

"Dad can we follow you? We're just gonna grab, like, something to eat on our way?" Max asks permission.

"Okay. I'll see you back there."

"Thanks, dad."

Jos walls away from the lovebirds-back to the hotel the team is staying at. What is Max even planning for tonight?

"Actually, let's take a walk around the street. I want to spend some time with you before the hectic race tomorrow." Max offers his hand to Sinem which she gladly accepted, intertwines their fingers and sets off to the streets of Montréal.

The French city of Canada shines brightly at night. Buildings glow in neon lights that captures the attention of tourists, even locals. Most of all, it complements the hearts of Max and Sinem. Tonight, it will be just them.

"It's beautiful here, isn't it?" The F1 driver cheekily sneaks a kiss on her cheek. "But nothing compares to you schat."

I don't think he will get tired of calling her schat. Sinem tries to remove the rosy face she has right now but fails to do so as Max keeps on throwing punch lines to her. They are cringey though.

"I love this. Walking hand in hand and nobody recognising us. Don't you find it romantic, schat?"

Sinem smirks, "Probably they recognise you just don't ask for your attention, because you're with me and they're more focussed of gossiping about our 'date' as they call it."

Max low-key agrees of what she said.

"Isn't this a date?"

"It is. But you're not taking me to eat so it's not."

Welcome back Sinem! Max wants to laugh so hard right now but he scoffs instead and says, "Food? Again? I was gonna take you out tomorrow for a nice dinner after I win the race."

"Spoiler. Now I'm not excited of your plan anymore."

"I'm not good at hiding things, aren't I? Like I can't even hide my feelings for you." Max winks toward his girlfriend. Damn! Sinem wanted to run away from him right now. As fast as she could.

She turns her head to the opposite direction. Why is he like this? Max even adds, "I love you schat."

Sinem Temur is officially drowning from Max Verstappen's sweetness.

"You do the best out there tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay."