« 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚛 »

Start from the beginning

junmyeon was shocked at himself. he wasn't one to make irrational decisions, but he couldn't stand the sight of her curled on the wet ground like that. once he carried her from the car to his home and into an empty guest bedroom, he gave her a soft smile and carefully set her down, as if she was made of porcelain.

"are you hungry?" he asked, taking a seat next to her but not too close. she let out a quiet whimper, shuffling to the corner of the bed, further away from him. "i have fish and milk."

her ears perked up and she looked at him with hopeful eyes, giving him a silent yes.

now that fish and milk was a wild guess as she did remind him of a feline, and her nodding to that was his confirmation.

"raw or cooked?" he slowly stood up.

"...cooked please." he couldn't believe the sound that past her lips. it was sweet as sugar, and he was mesmerised. snapping out of his thoughts, he nodded.

"there is a bathroom if you'd like to freshen up, i'll give you some of my cousin's clothes. i don't know if they'll fit but it's better than nothing." he pointed at the direction of the bathroom and went out, coming back with some undergarments, a sweater, sweatpants, a pair of fuzzy socks and a towel.

"i'll leave them here." he set them on the bed and walked out, going to prepare the fish and milk. he cooked the salmon to what he'd call perfection, seasoned with salt and pepper and set with a warm glass of milk. he knocked on the door quietly, telling her to come down once she was ready. he didn't hear anything in response but he expected it.

what seemed like hours passed by, and he watched as the minutes went by until she emerged from the guest room. she slowly walked down the stairs and cautiously made her way to the dining table to where the food was.

watching her eat gave junmyeon a weird amount of joy. it sounded creepy but he was glad to see her eat and drink like she hadn't over the past few days.

"so," he started. "what's your name? mine is junmyeon, or as others call me, suho. whichever you'd like."

"m-my name?" she looked confused. "i-i think it w-was chaeyoung?"

"you think?" he rose an eyebrow.

"m-my previous owners," she shivered at the mention of them. "t-they called m-me rosé."

"alright," he nodded. "do you prefer rosé or chaeyoung?"

"i think i l-like rosé," she looked at her lap.

"okay, rosé it is." he sent her a warm smile, taking her dishes and placing them in the sink and finding them. "i'll probably ask some of my friends over as i have no experience in caring for hybrids. please don't be scared."

she nodded hesitantly, hiding her face behind her wavy, waist-length black hair.

"please feel free to sleep for as long as you'd like in the room." he added in. "i'll be in the room next to yours doing work."

she nodded and rushed up the stairs, the door surprisingly closing softly behind her. he shrugged at her antics and immediately texted a few of his friends that were familiar with hybrids, or are one.