"What are you doing?"

"Looking up logical reasons as to why you sparkle like that"

"You won't find the answer you're looking for"Edward told her, making her look up at him for a split second before she looked back down at her phone.

"And what exactly am I looking for?"She asked, many emotions lacing her voice at once.

"try supernatural"

"Are you being sarcastic?"

"Yes, I promise"

"Edward! I missed school for this, and I never miss school. So could you just seriously tell me what the hell is going on"

"Think about it Margo, I don't eat, my body temperature is freezing, my eyes aren't a normal colour"Edward didn't seem to realize how much he was asking for when it came to Margo. It wasn't until tears grew in her eyes as they jumped back and forth.

"I-I don't know okay? Why does any of this even matter?"She said, tears running down her face as she began shaking her head again. Edward placed his cold hands on her cheeks and forced her eyes up to his until she found herself not able to look away; no matter how much she wanted too.

"I'm not human Margo, and I'm falling in love with you, and I need you to know"With his hands still on her cheeks, Margo began to let out a sob as she tilted her whole face towards their shoes.

"C-can you j-just take me h-ome pleas-se? Margo asked, her breath becoming faster as he took his hands away from her face.

"Of course I can"Edward told her, Margo missing the hurt in his voice as she nodded her head.

"I know its difficult with me" Margo told him, breaking the radio silence that had filled the car since the two of them got in it. Edward pulled into the Baker's driveway and placed the car in park. He could hear her heartbeat begin to go back to normal as she'd spent the whole car ride trying to calm herself down.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm more oblivious than anything else. I miss things, and even when someone lays out all the pieces in front of me, it's like I still can't draw the line that connects them all- its why my philosophy mark was a 96. It's probably much more frustrating than I even realize"

"You're like a breath of fresh air Margo Baker," Edward told her, leaning his head back on the headrest as the corners of his mouth tilted upwards.

"I'm gonna try and figure it out for you; I promise"Margo told him, meaning every word she said before she opened the car door; picking up her school bag from the floor and leaving.

It was 3:30 when Margo dropped the pencil out of her hand and placed her head on her desk. She'd been in a staring contest with her computer since Edward had dropped her off around 11.

Margo had made pages and pages of notes, reading every website she could find, she even downloaded a supernatural masters degree paper, reading all 48 pages twice. She had parts highlighted, notes all over, even a chart, she'd come up with two possible conclusions, but none of it felt real.

All of this felt like Edward was just playing a prank on her, like if she came to him with all this stuff, he'd just laugh in her face. It scared her.

Pulling her phone out of her hoodie pocket, she opened the one out of two message threads; Edward.

"Think I figured it out, come pick me up?"

"Margo?!"The loud voice of Owen barreled down the hall as the slight slam of the front door made her jump. Standing up from her desk, notebook in hand, Margo exited her bedroom to come face to face with Owen.

"The school just called me to tell me you weren't at school! A text would have been nice Margo!"His voice was loud enough to make Margo take a step back, which filled the older brother with guilt right away.

"I'm sorry, you just worried me, Margo. I didn't know where you were or if you were okay"

"I'm sorry, I went somewhere with Edward and-"

"You skipped school? To be with a boy? Oh god, my sister is a hooligan"Owen cried as he placed his hand on his forehead.

"Sarcasm?"Margo asked, making Owen smile at her as he nodded her head.

"Just let me known next time, okay? You almost gave me a heart attack"Owen pleaded, making Margo looked at him worried.

"Did you feel discomfort in your right arm? Maybe we should take you to the hospital-"

"I'm okay Margo, just worried about my little sister"Owen smiled at her before he pulled her into a hug. Owen used to be the only person who could touch her without notice and she wouldn't freak out, but now she guessed Edward would make two.

A buzz in her hand made her pull away and look down at her phone, it was a message from Edward, telling her he was in their driveway.

"I've gotta go, but I'll be home later. Go back to work, I like the shade of green by the way. The Milton's will love it"Margo told him, placing a kiss on her cheek before leaving Owen speechless in the hallway as he watched Margo rush towards the door, placing her slip on vans on her feet before walking out the front door.

"Okay, so I did some research. I've come up with two possible options"Margo told the boy as soon as she got in the car, completely forgetting to put her seatbelt on as she opened her book.

"So, ghost" Edward let out a chuckle as she said the word, which made Edward shake his head as he pulled out of the Baker driveway.  Clicking the pen, Margo crossed out the word ghost and its corresponding notes.

"Lastly, Vampire, which seems a little out there, but it's all I could come up with, I even watched an episode from one of the shows-" Margo stopped herself when she realized Edward hadn't laughed, looking towards him, his whole body language had changed. He wasn't smiling, or even looking somewhat happy; he'd just turned into stone.

"Edward?"

"That's it, isn't it?"Edward waited for a second, before he nodded his head slowly, not missing as her eyes went wide and her breathing picked up for just a second.

Edward Cullen was a vampire.

like,
comment,
follow me on wattpad!
edited/published: 04/20/2019