Crave ((Loki Fanfiction))

Smoke was heavy and thick in the air, it made it all the more difficult to see in the crowded place. The lights were dim throughout the area but she could feel the focus, the glow shinning down on her. Griping tightly onto the icy metal of the microphone, she let the tension, the constant worry in her bones thaw, allowing it to liquefy and drip off of her body. This was her element, her forte. This was her escape.

Velvet notes from the keyboard played, she swayed to the soft beat fashioned by their drummer. Her eyes closed, really letting the music seep in before taking her place in the song.

A few stolen moments is all that we share

You've got your family, and they need you there

Though I've tried to resist, being last on your list

But no other man's gonna do

So I'm saving all my love for you

Her voice washed over the audience, crashing onto the walls and staining them. Her voice was soft yet hoarse, she was gifted.

I've got to get ready, just a few minutes more

Gonna get that old feeling when you walk through that door

Cause tonight is the night, for a feeling alright

We'll be making love the whole night through

So I'm saving all my love

Yes I'm saving all my love

Yes I'm saving all my love for you

She had saved the best for last; the power in her voice could be heard in the last verse. You could hear the heartbreak in her voice.

No other woman, is gonna love you more

Cause tonight is the night, that I'm feeling alright

We'll be making love the whole night through

Notes gradually slowed to match her voice. She looked out to the crowd, her vision fully adjusted to the strange lighting. As she sang the last few words, she caught him, the man who had been there every week, for the past two months.

“So I'm saving all my love, yeah I’m saving all my lovin’ Yes I’m saving all my love for you.”

Every Sunday night, of every week, she would sing, and he would listen. He sat alone, in a dark, long coat. Once he had taken off his coat to reveal an effortless-white button up shirt, uncomplicated black tie and a cultivated scarf. She knew after that, he wore similar outfits underneath that long dress-suit of his, part of his tie or scarf would show. Everything about him was well-groomed, charming, dapper. What was he doing in a dump like this?

Not counting, she sang a few more songs and the viewers loved her, she had a few regulars and some new comers. Mostly, she did her rendition of famous songs that were her favourites but now and then, she would pull out something she wrote. Finally, they would get a break, it was fairly late now, all she could think to do was have a cigarette.

                “Shit.” She cursed through chattering teeth. “It’s fucking cold tonight.”

“Then why did you choose to go outside?” a rich, deep voice pierced the night air.

“There’s just something about smoking indoors that irks me.” She rubbed her hands together. It was the man from inside. He was taller than she imagined.

“And yet you occupy your time in a bar plagued with cigarette smokers?” his voice was heavy with an accent; his mouth was curved into a humorous smirk.

“Well, if you put it that way.” She looked up at him, her body shaking. “It’s not too bad; I get paid to do what I love. That’s got to count for something right?” Pulling out a cigarette, she cursed again. She’d forgotten her lighter.

“No need.” He said knowing exactly what she needed.

“Thanks.” She said putting the ciggy to her lips.

The tall man with the courteous British accent pulled out a lighter from his dress-suit pocket and sprung it to life.

She leaned in and took a few puffs. A simple flood light was the only thing that shone over them, she could finally get a good look at this guy.

Prying her eyes away from his, she could see that he had very dark hair and eye brows not too far from the same colour. His nose was sharp, pretentious even, with thin lips she could imagine herself relishing in. Her eyes led her back to his; they were bright even under this muted light. He was ridiculously handsome but she had this inkling, a feeling that she had seen him elsewhere, somewhere else out of the bar.

“You look really familiar. Have you been stalking me for long?” her tone was one of a comical tone but she was still curious.

“Not exactly,” he chuckled deeply, “I was simply strolling the streets, in a bit of a stupor, a rut if you will. Looking for something, the catch was, I knew not was I was searching for.”

He sounded so proper, so not from here.

“And then I heard you.” During his explanation, he didn’t tear his gaze from her.

Oh he was good, “Well aren’t you just the modern-day Romeo.” She took a long drag of her cigarette, letting the delicious smoulder sliver down her throat. Throwing it to the ground, she butt it with her foot before turning to him, “it was nice meeting you....”

“Loki.” He said with a smile. Something about him was wrong, like he was something you knew you shouldn’t touch but couldn’t help but doing so.

“Loki, I’m sorry but I’ve heard compliments like that millions of times... I won’t get roped in this time.” And with that, she was gone.

Loki stood in the empty back part of the bar, a smirk growing on his face and a burn of desire he thought would never return.