Chapter Twelve

Jack POV

“Bro, you did what?” Johnson asked me with an appalled look on his face.

I glared at him and replied, “Don’t fucking give me that look. I was just doing what you told me to do!”

“Do not try to pin this on me. I merely suggested that this whole thing with Kelsey was a bad idea. I didn’t tell you to dump her in a supermarket for Christ’s sake.”

“I didn’t dump her. We were never going out.” I argued.

“No of course not, you just took her to the lake and made out with her and neglected to tell me about it because you somehow developed feelings for her. But no, you two weren’t going out. Whatever makes you feel better.” Johnson huffed.

“Why are you defending her? I seem to remember you practically begging me to get rid of her so our future could stay intact! Well, there you go Johnson, our future is fine. Everything is fine. We can go on tour, we can party, we can do whatever we want because now nothing is in the way.” I did my best to keep my voice at a normal level, but as I continued speaking it was clearly laced with rage.

“Do you see what this chick is doing to you? You're fucking going insane! Which is why I told you that she was a bad idea.” Johnson slowed his last words, reiterating them to me.

I shook my head at Johnson and walked toward my kitchen, away from him.

“Alright for one fucking second can we just do something that doesn’t involve Kelsey? Ever since she’s gotten here she’s been fucking everywhere. Let’s just go to this party tonight and forget about the last couple of days.” Johnson concluded as he stalked after me.

“I’m fine. I’m over this whole bullshit with Kelsey. And that’s exactly what I told her. So I would appreciate it if you would drop the subject and order Dominos because there is no food in this house.” I ended.

Johnson nodded and went to his laptop to get us both food. I left Johnson to the ordering while I scrolled through twitter on my phone.

“JACK JACK PLS FOLLOW ME”

“JACK I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE TOUR”

“WHY CAN’T I LIVE IN OMAHA TO BE NEAR THE BOYS?!”

“JACK TELL NASH HE SUCKS”      

I chuckled at the last one. My mentions are always entertaining and I constantly find myself just scrolling through them as a way to pass the time. Even though they all do wonders for my ego, they make me feel slightly uncomfortable. These girls for some absurd reason take time out of their day to follow my every move through their computer screens and I have never been able to wrap my head around it.

“Jack, the usual right?” Johnson asked.

“Yeah yeah.” I continued to read through my twitter.

“ANY PLANS TO COME TO THE UK?”

“I don’t get why everyone loves Jack and Jack so much… they suck”

“One of the Jacks needs to father my children”    

WHO IS THIS GIRL?!?!”

I stopped mindlessly scrolling and clicked to enlarge the picture the girl had attached to her tweet. A blurry photo of me and Kelsey in the supermarket stared back at me.

Fuck.

How did someone get that picture? I mean, it’s blurry, but it is clearly me.

This is exactly what I don’t need in my life right now.