“It’s just a joke?”

I nodded and pecked his lips. “I love you, only you, until I die. I promise.”

“Aww… I love you, too, Hunter!”

I smiled. “Now, could you do me a little favor, baby?”

“What is it?” Now this was where it will get slightly critical.

“Would you please release the girls up there?”

He stared at me long, and then glared, pushing me away. “I knew it! You're just tricking me!” Tears fell down his face again. “How could you…” Everything around us went wild once more. The wind, the water, the sky, and the trees. “Do this!” The lines in his arms, legs, and neck started to spread more. Slowly, it glowed and I was afraid that he might break into pieces, like glass shards. “TO ME?!” he screamed. His almost white hair has now blue streaks every here and there.

“NO! LISTEN! Those girls have mates, too! Do you want their mates to be empty shells if they died?! Try to understand me, Silver! Snap out of it!”

He screamed again and floated back to the lake, away from me. He outstretched his arms, his fingers, pointing to the nine females and then in one quick motion he pulled them down to the water, trying to drown them to death.

“SILVER! I SAID STOP IT! LISTEN TO ME! SILVER!!!” But it seemed like he cannot hear me anymore.

I was about to shift as a wolf when suddenly, a hole has opened behind Silver despite the whirlwind.

Skylar, the Alpha of the Blue Crescents Pack, came out of the hole in his wolf form with bluish white fur. He shifted back to human form and tackled my mate until they both fell to the ground. Skylar pinned Silver before he could even try struggling. I growled but he shot me a look that even lions would back away like kittens. Of course I didn’t, I was not some kind of a pussy, even if he was the Alpha of the most intellectual pack and possessed the element of the wind.

Heads shot up from the water. The girls desperately caught their breaths as their mates, families and friends immediately ran to help them. They got them off the lake and hurriedly took them as far as possible away from Silver.

Silver continued wiggling, squirming, kicking and everything he could do to pull out of Skylar’s grasp. The newcomer murmured incomprehensible words and soon after the wind calmed down, which wasn’t quite surprising. The case was different with the water, though.

“Silver, calm down,” Skylar said in a very calm voice. And too much for our amazement, Silver did. He stared at Skylar like he was studying his face and I was having this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was not liking what I was seeing.

“Skylar?” Silver asked in a broken voice and that was followed by his sobs. How did they know each other?! Skylar glared at me like he wanted to kill me if it wasn’t for Silver, before looking back at my mate and nodding. “Skylar… I… help me. I don’t like what I'm feeling. Skylar… it hurts so much…” My eyes stung as I hear those words. It felt like my heart jumped and got stuck in my throat, making it harder for me to breathe.