The Hive

Nepeta crawled the last steps up to Karkat's door and knocked just enough that he could hear. "WHO THE FUCK COULD THAT BE." You barely heard him say though the door.

When the door opened you faintly forced the word "Karkitty?" And he looked down.

"NEPETA! WHAT HAPPENED! WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!?" He saw the splatters of blue blood of your coat. "OH MY GOG." He picked you up and carried you into his bedroom. "STAY HERE!" You could hear the panic in his voice. There was another feeling there too. Pain maybe?

He brought a bottle of water and a rag into the room "SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT." He spoke as he tended to your wounds. What felt like hours later, you where bandaged and there was a fresh pair of clothes to wear on the foot of the bed. His clothes. You sit up, pain jolting through you but not as much pain as before. Your arms where covered with wrapping and so was your face, legs, and stomach. You reached for the note resting on top of the small pile of clothes "Went to your hive to find your lusus. Be right back! You can change into these and get out of your bloody clothes for the time being. Don't move to much." You let out a slight groan as you changed. The shirt and pants where to big for you but you would rather wear this then nothing. The clothing smelled like Karkat. They where warm like him. You couldn't help but think of your feelings for him. You had loved him for as long as you could remember. Every other movement stung but you needed to get to him. You forgot to tell him what Gamzee did to Pounce. He was going to find her there. He was going to see what happened to her. You wanted none of it and got up to walk into a large room thank gog he hadn't left yet.

"OH NEPETA, I WASN'T EXPECTING YOU TO BE UP YET..." He was half dressed only wearing a t-shirt and his boxers. You looked at the clock 7:30 am.

"Did I fall asleep?" You asked

"YEAH, I DIDNT FEEL LIKE DISTURBING YOU SO I SLEPT ON THE FLOOR."

"You rrrealy didn't have to Karkitty.." You where embarrassed that you fell asleep, in his bed. "Have you gone to my have yet?"

"NO, WHY? DO YOU WANT ME TO GET ANYTHING FOR YOU? BECAUSE I WILL.." His voice became soft during the last sentence.

"No thank you. I was hoping you wouldn't go there at all. My lusus' body is still laying in my den..."

Shocked, he replied "WHAT? WHY?"

"Gamzee killed her." His face made you regret telling him.

"gamzee?" He was whispering now.

"Karkitty?" You tried to get him to look up You where about to cry but tried to hold it back. You walked over to him and he looked up into your eyes he scanned your appearance for a moment, your underwear was showing because the pants he gave you where to big. The shirt was baggy and didn't fit you're shape at all. I wasn't sure what he was doing until he pressed his head into you're chest and wrapped his arms around you're torso. Shocked, You froze unable to do anything. You where mentally screaming at yourself to hug him back. To comfort him, but why? You're lusus died and he was just as broken as You where. Was it because his best friend Gamzee was the one who had done the crime?

His words where muffled by you're shirt "Gamzee killed my lusus too." You barely heard him but instantly sunk to the floor. Sliding through his arms You sat on the floor. He joined you. You pressed you're head into his shoulder and your legs rest on either side of him. It was an odd position but he encouraged the motion and brought you closer. You could feel your shoulder becoming wet. Was he crying?

"Karkat..." You forced the name.

He pulled himself away just enough for him to make eye contact with you. "WHAT." He breathed, tears rolled down his cheeks. You didn't say anything on the matter as he wiped the drops from his face. "GAMZEE WAS MY FRIEND. WHY WOULD HE DO THIS..."

That word.. Was.. That's what both of their lusus where now. They where their lusus. Not anymore. The olive tears streamed down now. You couldn't help yourself anymore. "Karkat"

He was shocked that you called him by his real name. "YES NEPETA?"

You didn't know any other way to change the subject. You had wanted to do this for a long time and it seemed like this was the right moment. If he rejected it, then you could just cry about both and try to forget. If he fell in too then you could feel happy. In one moment you made your move and took the chance.

You where kissing him.