Losing Control

Damien was overcompensating and being a total dickhead. He wouldn't let anyone else use the training simulator. We had very similar schedules, wake up at 5, make the bed, train for hours and continue on your merry way. I had trained before he started, and now that I was finished I sat and watched Damien train and he did so for hours.

"Damien your gonna have to let the others use the simulator eventually" it seemed like he liked me best considering he hasn't directly threatened or insulted me so I tried to reason with him. He decided to ignore me instead.

The others eventually walked in and I could faintly hear Jaime (blue beetle) complain "he hasn't stopped for an hour and a half". My eyes rolled on their own behalf but again I stayed quiet. I was still observing them but I really wanted to keep my distance from Raven.

"Damien, it's time to let others have their turn," Cory said softly, clearly trying to keep the peace.

Of course, Damien instead growled out "I'm not finished" and continued sparring with the simulations. That was until Jaime shut off the sim and very clearly pissed Damien off.

"Gee, how'd that happen?" Jaime said sarcastically

I knew what would happen next but decided to sit back and watch until my intervention was truly needed. As expected Damien threw a birdarang at Jaime and the Scarab deflected it with ease and without Jaime's command. That's concerning; Jaime has no control of that thing. I may just have to test out my power on alien tech.

"What the hell?!" Jaime exclaimed

"I heard your tech was fast, I wanted to see how fast," Damien replied with a smirk. This is not good.

"Don't mess with us, little man." Jaime and Damien began advancing while Damien pulled out his sword and threatened him. Cory stepped in quickly to stop the fight and I got up and took a defensive stance just in case.

"Alright, I can see that we are getting off on the wrong foot?"

"Damien this is a team effort, we need to be willing to accommodate others." she continued softly.
"Nightwing said you were a princess. Exiled no doubt." Damien said as he sheathed the sword. I had to resist chuckling at that one.

"Technically it was a coup. And like it or not I am the leader of this group," she said it softly but I could hear her sharp tone, she was expecting this to be heard clearly but maybe she had underestimated just how hard.

"As I see it your an alien with nowhere else to go." ouch.

"Everyone needs a home, Damien. You included." Raven butted in.

"Thank you for chiming in Witch girl," Damien said. That was amusing but I was just going to watch this one.

"We are only here to help you realize your potential."

"You've been here long enough. When do you think you'll realize yours?" he said sarcastically.

"Damien..." I was going to tell him to cool it but he started to walk away until Jaime took his arm.

"Dude, you need to show some respect," he demanded. Here we go again...

Damien flipped Jaime over and knee'd him in the stomach before kicking him away then the bug finally took over. Swords came out and Damien provoked the fight further.

"Ready when you are."

Damien's form was perfect as he attacked and their swords clashed no matter what raven or Cory said. They were hit for hit until they came to a stalemate and Damien simply said "Who's fighting me? You or the bug?"

"You better hope it's me" Jaime responded.

The fight continued that way until the bug decided to make its move and stretched its tentacle-like arms(?) out to Damien to which Damien flipped out of his reach and flung 3 birdarangs at blue beetle and they blew up throwing Jaime into the wall. Jaime struggled to get up and I heard the bug chirp, his chest place opened up as Damien said "that's the difference with you and me. You wear a weapon, I am one."

Now I was going to intervene, I knew the bug would react and decided to stop it before it killed Damien, quickly running to Blue beetle and flipping over him stretching my hand out to make contact with the scarab. I felt the air shift as the scarab fought me for control, I could see what it wanted to do, it wanted to blast his Damien's head off and my head hurt from siphoning its energy away. I shifted myself and Jaime so that I was straddling his back with his face still in the dirt. The air around us buzzed and my veins darkened, my magic wrapped itself around the beetle's energy and tightened like a python until it finally gave up and I let it go. The electricity in the air from my magic and the bugs energy made my hair and body levitate for a second before I fell in a heap in Damien's arms. That shit is exhausting.

"Aye Dios! I tried to stop it. Is she ok? I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry."   

"I'm fine, leave me alone." it was the first time they had heard me speak to them and they were shocked, that is until I felt Raven's judgy little eyes trying to stare into me, literally.

"What are you?"

Welp doesn't look like I'm lying my way out of this one.

Third chapter updated in a day, I'm exhausted and so pleased with myself 😂. Any way I'm tired but thanks for reading ❤️❤️❤️
-Chuchi ❤️