Super Secret (Larry)

It's a day like any other one when Louis pushes open the door to his shared apartment. His roommate, Harry, is still out. Probably still working in the library on whatever papers his professors had burdened him with this month and Louis knows how much this man loves working on his school work. They are both still studying, currently tackling their own master courses in college. Harry had chosen for a career in law, while Louis had chosen to follow the course in medical sciences. It would be nice to have a chance at becoming a surgeon after his graduation. Being able to save people every day would be a dream come true.

The two of them had met in the coffee shop where Louis has been working since his first year in college. He had needed the money to pay for the lousy flat he lived in. And groceries, of course. His mum had already paid for his education with the agreement that Louis would work to pay for the rest of it. It's a great deal and Louis doesn't mind the hours of brewing coffee for people in need of some caffeine. One day that had been Harry. When handing him the cup, Louis had managed to trip over his own feet, spilling the beverage all over the fellow student. They had hit it right off after that, becoming best friends and moving in a better flat together the second year of college.

Louis sighs and drops his backpack near his bedroom door before shuffling into the kitchen to start dinner. He knows Harry will be home in time for the food to be ready. "Lou, this is delicious once again. You are the best." Harry will say every time Louis tries putting together a new dish, making the latter try and hide the blush on his cheeks. Louis will never admit it out loud, but he lives for these compliments. The fact that he gets to make sure Harry actually eats at least one meal a day and survives is just another lucky coincidence that comes with the job.

He opens the fridge and lets his eyes roam over the items inside, only to swear under his breath when he realizes the fridge is almost empty. He had forgotten to go grocery shopping after his shift at the coffee shop ended yesterday. It had been a long day with a lot of pissed off customers and the thought of being able to fall face-down on his bed and sleep the day off had been a lot more attractive to Louis than the thought of going to a crowded shop. Especially after his boss yelled at him for being a sarcastic bitch to the costumers.

Running his hand through his hair, Louis goes to fetch his wallet from his backpack. He can't do anything but go grocery shopping today, no matter how much he doesn't feel like it. This will teach him not to be lazy the next time and stick to his schedule. He also slides his phone in his pocket in case Harry gets home early and wonders where he is, though the chance of that happening is close to non-existing.

Soon Louis finds himself on the busy streets of New York City on his way to the small supermarket four blocks away from their apartment. He is zigzagging his way through the pedestrians when he hears his phone ding with a notification. Briefly looking at the screen, he sees a news article about the Emerald Guardian, the local superhero. Louis' mouth turns up in a tiny smile when he reads the man saved another citizen from certain death today, rolling up a wanted criminal in the process also. The man can control the elemental power of air and Louis is pretty sure he has seen him conjure up a force field once in a low-quality video shot by a bystander. Louis has only seen the Emerald Guardian from afar when the hero either was hurrying to or hurrying away from the crime scene. He will have to read the entire article before he goes to bed, but for now, he pockets his phone again.

Harry is always teasing him about the Emerald Guardian. It's his own fault really for admitting to his roommate that the hero is his celebrity crush. He damn well knew Harry would never let it go again. Especially since the curly-haired man has openly voiced his aversion to the local hero to all their friends and everyone who asked about it. Harry is a firm believer in the police force and fire department of the city and thinks that no one should interfere with their jobs. He thinks the spandex-wearing hero gets way too much attention for jobs that normal people risk their lives for every day. The first time they had had that conversation, Louis had let it slip that nothing could top a hero who looked as good as that in a green and silver spandex bodysuit.