“So?” we both said in unison.

“So we stopped her medicines,” he said. How could they do that? I was freeze when he said those words. Maybe I heard him wrong…. How silly I am! They can’t stop her medicines… no they can’t.

“I am sorry Jay, that’s what we did,” Justin said sadly.

“Oh! Okay… I got it… you are kidding, right?” Austin started laughing. We looked at him confused. He lost his mind.

“Austin…” Justin was going to say something but stopped when he looked seriously at him.

“Okay enough of this… I am going to meet Summer,” he stood up,” at first you say she is pregnant and the next minute you say she is sick… am I look like an idiot to listen all these things and believe whatever you say…. No,” he stormed out of the room.

Suddenly the room was silent and we both looked at each other. Somewhere in my heart, I know something is wrong. But I couldn’t get it out.

“Jay… I know you love Summer… Damn! Even I love summer and I have known her my whole life…. Day and night I fought with her… for her…. But...” he stood up and went to the window. That’s true! He has known her whole life and me; just for two years… maybe I should know.

“So.. How did it start?”

“Well, it’s a long story,” he gave a small smile.

“I have lot of time….” And then he started.

Austin:

I was outside her room, hand placed on the knob but I couldn’t dare to go inside. Basically for two reasons; she is pregnant with my baby… god that sounds so good and secondly Summer is sick and she didn’t even mentioned that… ever.

Maybe I am acting weird. She is prefect and I will ask her for marriage… and obviously she will say yes. She has to. Damn she is going have my baby. My baby!

Without thinking anything, I walked into her room. I saw her as she was watching outside through window. She shifted her eyes towards me when she heard the door sound. For a moment I was struck looking at her. She looks beautiful in that hospital blue gown and hair messed away. She gave me that smile that made my knees weak. Did she know that she is pregnant?

The way she smiled… I think she knows. I sighed and walked up to her and sat next to the bed on the chair.

“So… how are you?” I started the conversation. She just nodded her head and whispered fine. I looked around and saw her staring at me. Hope, I am not blushing.

“Hmm… Do you want to listen to a story… story of mine,” she murmured and looked expectedly at me. I nodded as my throat was suddenly dry.

“Well….. Long ago when I was small, my mom use to say that in one’s lifetime there is only one person who affects your heart and there is no one else even if you meet so many… my mom had that when she met my dad and he was her only love. I believed in that but I didn’t believe that love can happen just like that… at first sight and all…” she laughed.  Somewhere in her laugh, I could feel something missing.

“Well... “She continued,” I believed it one day. It was a day when my friend forcefully dragged me to see a stupid basketball game. And then I saw him, a cute guy. My heart jerked when I saw him and I felt like watching him… throughout the game I kept watching him but he didn’t noticed that,”

“He’s an idiot,” I replied not looking at her. She likes someone… not me.

“Yeah he is,” she smiled and sighed,” he’s like that thing that my heart agreed to give him the place inside my heart, and then he was in my dreams and slowly he became my life….” She looked dreamingly in the air.

“What happened then? Did he…” I heard her sigh.

“No, he was with someone else… someone more beautiful than me. At that my heart felt like it’s going to explode and I cried for days and days. It was hurting me and I couldn’t do anything. Then Justin came along. He saw me suffering and made me cheerful but alas! He couldn’t. It was then I came to know that my heart wasn’t proper, it’s hurting because my heart is weak,” a small tear rolled down her cheek.

My lungs couldn’t find the air and is longing for it…. It was aching. She said her heart is weak that means she really is sick. Justin was right…Shit!

“You… never told me this before, we could have made him come back to you. You just need to tell me,” I shrugged my shoulders. She smiled even though she was crying. I just stood up and walked to the nearby window. The moon was shining brightly and the garden was looking beautiful with the moon’s light spread over. Outside, the cool breeze was flowing making the leaves to fly everywhere.

I could feel her eyes on me but I didn’t dare to look at her. One look into my eyes and she can know the pain I am feeling now.

“Austin... “She called out,” you didn’t ask his name?”

I smirked and gave a low laugh. What would I do knowing his name?

“Come here,” I turned back to see her patting on the empty place on her bed. I, reluctantly, went there and sat next to her. She wrapped her soft fingers over my elbow and looked at me. If I just turn my head, my lips will be inches away from her. She placed her hand over my cheek and moved my face to her side. I could feel the hot breath over my lips. She looked at me and then to my lips.

“The guy who lives in my every breath and who haunts my dream… his name is Austin,” she brushed her lips over mine and later wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her face on my shoulder. I froze there. My mind needs some time to get the details.

First, Summer loved me for four years, secondly she is sick, thirdly she is pregnant with my baby and lastly she is in my arms. She said she loves me and I, like a stupid, sitting here, having her in my arms. How perfect is this time!

I wrapped my arms around her tightly. I could feel her shampoo and the medicine scent coming from her body. I didn’t care for anything. The girl I love is in my arms, hugging me and there is another thing that has to be done… something that I don’t think anyone will approve but I don’t give a damn.

I want summer and she is mine.

..........................................................................................................