Chapter 23

I know you will hate me for the late update, but I am so busy with my office work.

Anyways.... Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer:

I took a long breath and plastered a smile over my face. I held the tulips flowers and marched into the church. Everyone looked at me with smiles on their faces. I winked at my friends and family. They waved back at me. Justin rolled his eyes and looked at me with an arrogant smile. I know he will be thinking why I am acting like this and all. But he doesn’t know what I am feeling right now. Ignoring him, I walked slowly along with the flower girls.

I reached the podium and saw Austin, staring at me. He looked handsome wearing the black Italian suit and small red rose over his coat pocket. I wonder who kept that flower on his coat.

I shook my head to remove unwanted things in my mind. I wanted my mind to be in peace and enjoy Jay’s wedding. I walked away from the path and stood there while waving at Jay. The bridesmaids walked along with their men and finally Jess stood at the exit. Her hand was wrapped around her father’s forearm and she looked worried. Her dad gave her a final tap on her hand and music rolled.

It is like a Hollywood movie, where the bride was walking down the aisle, smiling nervously. It’s the moment I can always remember. Jay turned around and looked directly at her and smiled. Jess father kissed on her cheek and handed her hand to Jay. Then started the ceremony.

“I do,” Jess said those amazing words and kept the ring over Jay’s finger. The Father declared them wife and husband and told them to kiss the bride. He leaned forward and kissed on her lips. It was the most perfect moment. A small tear rolled over my cheeks which I wiped out before anyone can see. I looked at Dad who wrapped his arm around Jenny’s shoulder and tears rolled over her cheeks. Everyone was watching the perfect moment along with the perfect couple. Everyone clapped and cheered the couple.

The photographer called all of us and made us to do poses for pictures. Everyone was having their own styles when suddenly the photographer asked for a photo of maid of honor and best man. I should have known this will come. I looked at Austin who already had a smile on his face. He walked up to me and wrapped his arm around my waist casually. For everybody, we are just posing for a picture but for us, it’s something else.

I could feel his heat over me and his amazing cologne filled my nostrils. I felt dizzy but he supported me by tightly wrapping his arm.

“Smile,” the photographer told us and he clicked the picture. Before I could move, everyone took their turn to click picture with us. What’s wrong with them? We are not the bride and groom… for god’s sake.

“You look beautiful,” I heard his husky voice in my ears. I didn’t want to response but I blushed. Stupid heart! Even its weak, it can’t handle a slightest compliment.

“We do look perfect, huh?” I could hear the smile in his voice. By the time I lifted my head and looked straight at him, the stupid photographer clicked the picture. I freed myself from him and went to Jenny. He didn’t follow me… that was good.

“Hey summer, you look amazing,” Jenny smile and tucked a strand of hair behind my ears. I smiled and looked around. I couldn’t find Dad.

“Where is Dad?” I asked her.

“He went outside,”

“Why?” I asked her confusingly.

“He said he wants fresh air,” she shrugged her shoulders and turned away to greet other relatives.

Leaving her there, I walked outside of the church. I could see everyone having lunch and gathering together and having fun. On walking further, I saw Dad in black suit sitting on the wooden chair under the tree. What is he doing here, alone?

“Dad?” I called out. He slowly looked at me and gave me a weak smile. I walked up to him and sat next to him.

“What are you doing here, dad?”

“I… I don’t know… I couldn’t stay inside so… I came out,” his voice was breaking. I didn’t know he could actually cry for Jay’s marriage.

“It’s okay Dad, It’s only Jay and I didn’t know that you liked him so much and you will …. “ I stopped when I saw a small tear rolling down his cheek.

“Dad? Why are…?” I tried to wipe away his tear but he stopped me.

“It’s just that I will never see my baby getting married,” he sighed. My heart shattered into pieces as I heard his words. My dad never said it before until now. He knows the complications. I couldn’t speak anything.

“I have seen people giving away their daughter; I have seen the father-bride dance and all I could feel is the emptiness in my heart that I can’t do anything of them. Surely I can never see you getting married, giving birth to children and getting old,” he broke down into tears. Tears rolled down my cheek and I hugged my dad. We cried together and consoled together. Maybe I should tell him that I am like this nothing can be done but he is a father and he will never listen to these words about his only daughter even if she is the one who is telling that.

We sat there in the shade of the tree, spending our time together talking all the random stuffs. Now-a-days, we don’t talk much. He is busy at wedding preparation and me; I am busy in my own world. As we talked, I realized one thing; one day when I am not here, his life will never be the same. Even for Jay and Jenny.

“I think we should go inside,” I requested him and he nodded. After like twenty minutes, we stood and walked inside.

“Where were you, Edward?” Jenny came running to us, once she saw us at the door.  From our looks she can make out we cried but still she didn’t asked.

“We…. Hmm...” he looked away. Jenny smiled weakly.

“Okay, let’s go… there are dances going on…. Bride and groom,” she smiled happily and dragged him away. I walked along with them and saw Jay and Jess dancing on the stage to the melody.  It looked so amazing to see lovely couple to dance with so much love. When their dance ended, the speaker announced the bride and father dance. The way, they looked at each other while dancing and the smile on her face as well as the tears that formed in her eyes was amazing. Nothing can beat that.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw my Dad’s dull face. I know the exact feeling he is feeling right now. Ignoring the ache in my heart, I walked up to the speaker to tell him one damn thing that will change some things in my life.