Chapter 3

Where was she? She didn't know. A voice spoke to her as a blindfold was kept over her eyes, her hands cuffed together in front of her. "Do you understand?" The voice asked. She knew that voice. That deep, menacing voice. She could feel his eyes burning through her blindfold. 

A small, shaky breath left her lips as she came face to face with the reality that Kenny was right in front of her. A soft hand caressed her cheek. "Mikasa..." This was someone else. Someone she could recognize but couldn't put a face to. Let me take this off you, hm?" he said as he undid the blindfold. 

As soon as it fell from her face, Mikasa's eyes widened as she opened her mouth to let out a scream but the man's hands were faster as he stuffed the blindfold in her mouth. She knew that face now. It was that brunette from that day. She remembered now. Levi hasn't shot him like the others and as far as she knew, the Scouts hadn't brought' him back to base. 

"Screaming isn't going to do you any good, now is it?" His brown hair was paired with piercing blue eyes that scared her half to death. "Be good now will you?" Slowly, he removed the fabric from her mouth.

"...Y-you..." Mikasa whispered, now free from the gag. The man took her chin and pulled her close to him, his arm around her waist.

"Ahh we never got correctly acquainted, now did we? Luke. You remember me, don't you Mikasa?" She was quiet after that, just staring at him as anxiety bubbled in her chest.

"Don't touch me," she whispered, pushing her fears away.

Luke looked behind him to Kenny who gave a small nod in return. "We can't have this, no no. You're much too aggressive girl. You'll never get anything done like that."

Mikasa watched him with a stone cold gaze, raising her cuffed hands and smacking him across the face. A low chuckle sounded throughout the small room as the man wiped his mouth, the metal cuffs leaving him with bleeding lips. Looking at her momentarily, he took note of how confident she looked, how much of a vixen she was. Moving quickly, his hand made its way to the back of her head, grabbing a fistful of her hair and tilting her head upwards. A small gasp left her now open lips. 

"You're going to listen to me now Mikasa. You think you're some virago huh." He looked at her with fire in his eyes. "Speak." 

She glared at him. "I'm not a fucking dog-" Luke pulled again at her hair, causing her eyes to squeeze shut. 

Kenny cleared his throat, finally stepping closer to the two. "Lets get going." 

Startled, Mikasa's eyes widened, "Wher-" but soon enough she was cut off by the fabric of the blindfold being pushed into her mouth. 

"Shut the hell up," Luke snapped at her, releasing her hair. "Walk." He pushed her forward, the two of them walking behind Kenny who led the way. 

Kenny opened the heavy door in front of him, Mikasa squinting at the bright light of the outside compared to the dark room she was once in. As soon as she walked outside, she looked around trying desperately to recognize something - anything - so that she could figure out where she was. But she found nothing. Panic bubbled in her chest as the only thing in sight was a dirt covered road and a stone path. Taking a right, Mikasa's eyes widened as she saw children lining the streets. Her stomach twisted as she looked at their sickly faces and skinny bodies. 

Luke watched as her face contorted into concern. Suddenly she pulled against the man's grip, pulling the fabric out of her mouth. "Hey!" Luke shouted as she tried to run. Kenny turned swiftly, watching as Luke ran in pursuit of the girl. Taking long strides, Kenny grabbed Mikasa's arm pushing her to the ground. Those around her did nothing but watch as Kenny pulled her back up bringing her close to his face. 

"What?" he said in a voice that caused a pit to form in Mikasa's stomach, "First time in the underground?"

--

Knuckles rasped Erwin's door. "Oi, open up," a stern voice called out. 

"It's open-"

Levi slammed the door open walking quickly inside. Erwin's eyes followed Levi's as the started around the room. "Levi-" 

"Kenny's gone," Levi said in a calm yet demanding voice. His stoic expression was a mere mask for his inner worry and panic. 

"Gone? He escaped?" Erwin put down his pen and straightened his shoulders. "There were guards-"

"They're dead" Erwin stood silent at Levi's words, unsure of what to say. A few moments of silence passed, Levi directing his gaze to his feet as he muttered his next words. "Mikasa.....she's gone too."