DAY 1: Welcome to Hyperdimension

If I'm being perfectly honest, this is one of the fantasies that I wished to happen. Yes, it is shameless but you best not to deny it cause I am sure you do have it once in a while.

What fantasy am I talking about?

I'm sure describing it is better than outright say it. Show what I see than to talk about what I see is my approach. (Though this is a written form story so does it still consider say?)

The very thing I am seeing it now is a purple screen with large letters saying [Hyperdimension Neptunia] and underneath the large letters are [Touch to begin].

... I am sure as hell being sent to another world with the Gamer ability. But I wonder why am I chosen for this. As far as I am concerned, from the original series abilities like {The Gamer} can only be manifested through a strong liking or love for a certain concept and Gaia, the being that oversees everything in that world, will gift such ability to certain individuals.

In simpler words, if you like something so much it's part of your life, it has a chance to be manifested as a power.

Since I am in this situation, I guess I can just go along for now. Maybe this one is slightly different than those that I know about.

I touch the [Touch to begin] and immediately everything around me turns white. Argh! WHY DO YOU DO THIS GAME?!

When I am finally able to open my eyes, I am greeted with another screen. This time there are two options I can choose from: [New Game] and [Options].

I guess checking the options first is the best course of action. You never know what kind of default option does the "developers" had given to the players. I shuddered the thought of the default option of a game that I played when I was a child. I never touched it again after suffering trauma from it.

Everything seems normal to me. The only missing options that I can identify are the video settings and sound setting. I suppose there is no need for them because I'm "playing" with my very own body instead of a console.

That is until I find the difficulty option and HOLY SHIT WHAT KIND OF OPTION IS THIS?! What kind of sadist sets the default difficulty as [God of War and Harem]?!

I read the description and it says that this is the hardest difficulty of the game. It increases enemy "AI" and damage by 250% and decreases [Lily Rank] exp by 50%.

I immediately change the option to [Normal], since I have never played this game before. Once that is done, I exit the [Options] menu.

With the setup done (thank goodness for this habit of mine), I touch [New Game] and everything turns dark.

I do wonder what new world I will be in. Now I think about it, didn't the title say Hyperdimension Neptunia? I hope I can survive in this new world. Oh, who am I kidding, this is Hyperdimension we're talking about.

Let's just get this journey to begin.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When I managed to open my eyes, I found myself in an alleyway of all places. I suppose it could've been worse, like from the sky, but I think having a better place to spawn is nicer.

Maybe I should check my stats first before beginning my adventure. I open my menu and press the [Status].

 I open my menu and press the [Status]