chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

I lost track of time, as I kept landing hard punches on the wood dummy in front of me.

"Alli you've been punching that since 2 o 'clock and it's already 4. Are you still sane?" I heard a woman's voice beside me. Finally, I had the senses to stop, and turn to Leslie, who's crossed-arm, looking at me.

Leslie turned her head, only for her face to twist when she saw how badly the wooden dummy looked.

"My god, you poor thing! Sa lahat ba naman ng dummy dito, bakit si Alistair pa?!" she whined like a child she is.

Yes, she names her wooden dummies inside their home. I'm not the only one weird in my clan.

"Alistair? I thought this is Hades?" I tried to carefully look at it's figure and realized... it's really Alistair. He is a wooden dummy with a thick chest and legs to practice kicking.

We both turned our heads behind us when a soft laughter was heard. It was none other that Lusenyx, her older brother. Older than Lowe, the one Royals met.

"Hoy! 'Wag kang tatawa-tawa o ako mismo gagawa paraan para maghiwalay kayo ni Erin!" she threatened, referring to the latter's girlfriend.

Lusenyx had a bored look on his face. "She doesn't even believe you. You two aren't that close."

"Ha! Jokes on you bro, I'm gonna be her sister-in-law kaya magiging close din kami!"

He shook his head in disbelief and gave me what I needed. "I think this is what I'm here for. Now, I'm going."

He quickly left the area, but before leaving the actual room, Leslie had to yell yet another remark.

"Walang forever!"

I gave out a chuckle, earning a glare from her. Just as that happened, I received a notification. Checking my messages, a slow smile formed on my lips as I read every single thing.

"Uy, may ka-text ka no?" Leslie had the guts to bicker.

But my mind was already occupied, knowing there will be a party at Jack 97, hosted by the bastard himself, Dexter.

***

I opened my second phone just to see my new sim card already working, the one that Lusenyx gave.

I took the piece of paper where I have written the number I needed to dial to set a date with Haugaard.

Eldar Haugaard. The same person who discreetly offers liquors inside Asplund.

Apparently, he knows gamechangers more than we do. It's a chance that we had to take. After I had confirmed my suspicions. After I managed to get all the pieces I need for me to make sure he would be one of those people that would be crucial to let our plan succeed.

I took a second look at Evan's letter.

Everything makes sense, except for some cryptic sentences. One caught my eye.

'I guess, everything leaves destiny yelling.'

I thought it was just a metaphorical sentence, 'till I decided to do the old school deciphering of codes.

With the first letters of each word, I had come to form 'Eldy'. Eldar's nickname.

I texted the guy to meet-up tomorrow at 5. Fortunately, he's up for it and agreed to see me in a club named Jack '97.

After all that, I switch phones and actually messaged Alexid about my plan for tomorrow.