I Want It All [17]

Start from the beginning

            “Oh yeah that’s fine.”

            Jason chuckled. “What’s fine, you loser?”

            “That we can’t go out tonight?”

            “You need to stop interrupting me because you always jump to conclusions. Anyway, like I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, my parents have been annoying the fuck out of me wanting to meet you and well, my Mum wanted to know if you wanted to come over for dinner tonight?”

            I giggled. “You sound nervous.”

            Jason groaned. “Does that mean you want to meet them?”

            “Of course I do!”

            “Okay, I’ll pick you up at 6?”

            “Come over earlier. I miss you.” Clingy girlfriend much?

            “I miss you too, princess. I’ll come over in a couple of hours?”

I heard someone in the background. “Hi Linnea!”

“That’s Sammy,” Jason said. 

            I frowned. “You’re with Sammy?” That caught Olivia’s attention and she came and sat in front of me, a confused look on her face.

            “Yeah, she needed me to drive her to Karen’s.” I gulped and automatically felt guilty for feeling so shitty about Jason driving one of his closest friends somewhere. I had to stop being so selfish.

            “Oh right, hi Sammy.”

            “Are you okay?”

            “Yup, fine!” I chirped, trying to sound unaffected about her being there. “I’ve got to go now, I’ll see you later! Bye!” I hung up the phone before Jason could say anything else.

            “What just happened?” Olivia asked.

            “He’s driving her to a friends house,” I said. “It’s all good.”

            “It’s not all good.”

            I didn’t feel like talking or even thinking about it at that moment so I said, “Jason asked me to meet his parents tonight! I need to find an outfit!” Olivia squealed. Jason had told me a little bit about his parents and they seemed like really nice people. That didn’t mean I wasn’t nervous.

            ***

            “Good luck!” Olivia waved as she got in her Mums car. She had helped me get ready and I looked relatively presentable… hopefully. I was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a blue peplum top. My hair was straight and I didn’t have too much make-up on.