Seven | Mate...?

Börja om från början

I guess James was telling the truth, he really doesn't stay here often. From skimming over them, it seems all the paperwork that's scattered around, are about multiple different businesses. He's either a really rich guy who owns a bunch of business and can afford an apartment he barely uses, or he's a drug lord with lots of business for money laundering. I doubt he's a drug lord, I used to go to a not so nice school and saw lots of dealers, so I can tell he doesn't fit the criteria for the kind of person who sells drugs, or he's one of those that only sell to the rich. Overall, James doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would turn to drugs to make money.

After looking around for a bit and finding nothing incriminating, I decided to check the other two rooms. They are exact replicas of my room and have nothing else in them. I also found nothing in the living space except a few more documents about some casino. The dining room area looked barely used while the kitchen only had the basic utensils and equipment.

While searching looking in the fridge, I found that it was fully stocked. When I opened the freezer, my eyes came to rest on a bottle of Russian Standard Vodka. It's the brand that my mother used to drink when she was in a shitty mode, which was all the time.

Closing the freezer, I went to the living area and sat on the couch, exhausted from over exerting myself. I decide to try to distract myself from my aching body with some TV. I found a channel that was playing reruns of The Office. I remember that I had just started watching the show before I was kidnapped.

After laughing at Dwight and Michael, and aweing over Pam and Jim's romance for some time, the thoughts and memories I have been trying to shut out and ignore, were screaming at me for attention. Watching these fictional characters a lives on screen made me realize and full understand that I had four years of my life taken from me. Four fucking years. All the dark moments and thoughts I had during those years started to resurface and come to the front on my thoughts until they were all I could focus on. I hadn't dwelled on them much since my escape, because I have been preoccupied with determining if James wants to harm me or has some ulterior motive. After that came the dream, my thoughts were occupied by that dream and how it left me aching, but now I had nothing stopping me from drowning in the dark thoughts. They are pulling me under.

My thought drifted to the bottle of vodka I found in the freezer. I remember my mother saying to me as a child, that she stays intoxicated on some substance at all times so she doesn't have to face reality. Right now I really didn't want to face it either.

I have never drank or done drugs because I didn't want to end up like my mother. I wanted to be a good girl and get a scholarship to an art school and become a graphic designer for video games. I wanted to be the person that imagines and draws the characters that millions come to love, but clearly that didn't happen. My kidnapping Showed me that shit that's beyond my control can happen at any time, and I can't do anything abut it. So, why exactly should I be cautious? Why be careful to not end up as something that I may never become? Why worry about becoming an addict, when someone can just end up killing me before it even happens? So, fuck it. I'm gonna get trashed for the first time and try to forget all the shit that I've suffered through, even if its temporary. I don't want to feel this constant fear, anxiety, and pain. I want to numb it, and I heard that vodka is a great way to achieve that desire.

I grabbed the bottle of vodka from the freezer and find a shot glass in one of the cabinets. I fill the shot glass and take it, instantly regretting it. I gagged and wanted to throw up once I felt the liquid burn it's way down my throat. This is so not how it goes in the movies I've seen.

I grab a glass of water and drown it, trying to relieve the burning sensation, but failing. I decided it's in my best interests if I consult the one who knows all, Google.