"Mist run"

"YOU'RE INSANE! YOU CAN'T JU–" my tirade was cut off as Blair jumped, sailing over a ditch that had to be at least 8 feet across And since Blair jumped, I jumped. Or should I say, was carried. Considering that I was currently slung under her arm like a beer keg.

After I had informed her that I would not be walking out of my cabin she had agreed with me, I hadn't walked out. Instead she had walked up And, (careful to avoid my shoulder) unceremoniously slung me under one arm, then bolted off through the trees at a truly ridiculous speed.

Considering the speed were hurtling through the air at it was quite impressive how gently she managed to land, my shoulder barely even jostled although that said just a little jostle still sent spikes of pain through my whole torso.

"I'm not insane, you're just being stubborn." Blair said in a conversational, Almost chastising tone. "Besides, you were right." A hint of frustration slid into her tone then. "I'm not taking you to the pack house there's an old cabin that was made for one of the servants a long time ago. I renovated and reinforced it when I moved here."

I was silent then (well mostly silent. She vaulted over a massive log just then, and the change in perspective that I experienced when she went vertical was sickening.) She had thought this through. She had found a plan B. She had managed to keep her word, she did what she wanted without endangering her pack, with both her and I away from the pack house the amount of attention they got would be negligible, thus she could protect them while simultaneously allowing her to protect me. I was glad that I had fallen silent, because if I had been speaking I would likely have gotten choked up.

My neck grew tired of staring straight ahead so I give it a rest and looked down for a moment, and that was a mistake! Because right as I did that I saw a whole flash by under us, we were going so fast that we just flew over it.

Blair jostled me a little again which caused me to shift in pain, she tightened her grip, And I felt her side tighten as she prepared for a leap. Tighten was a relative term, it was already like being pressed against a steel wall, albeit a steel wall with curves.

(Well at least I'm not likely to fall from the grip of a werewolf) I thought to myself.

an Obnoxiously ever observant part of my brain noted that, yes I was injured, in severe pain, and hurtling through a forest full of things that wanted to eat me, and there was still no guarantee that I would make it through the night much less the days that it might take Mrs. blunder to finish her spell.

But you were technically being hugged to the side of a beautiful girl.

I informed that part of my brain that it was neither the time nor the place for that. It seemed rather unrepentant.

A Couple more minutes passed, and I wasn't sure how many miles past with them. I had no doubt that she was running well beyond a four minute mile right now. But as she cleared another log we burst through the trees reveling a log cabin.

I could hear calls all through the forest of wendigo but I didn't think any of them were close at the moment.

Blair was running so ridiculously fast that she actually dug her heels into the ground and skidded forward at least 5 feet before stopping, I wasn't sure if it was possible for a humans to have good enough balance to pull that off.

The cabin looked even smaller than mine. A bolt of sadness shot through me then at the thought of my little cabin that was now lying in ruins. Blair opened the door rushing in, she closed it behind her with the heavy clang of metal sounding behind us. She turned to the wall sliding out three metal bars that went into the door, a second later she turned a multitude of heavy deadlocks as well. "I'm assuming that all the walls are metal and fortified as well?" She gave a nod. There were no windows, but I could see the areas were some used to be.