Chapter 31.- Daegu

Start from the beginning

If there was one thing on the world, that could bring people back together, it was this mans music.  It takes away the rest of the distance between us and encourages me to trust her once more.
~
Two and a half hours later Max pulls over to fill up on gas. It's about 2 am now, the small station we pick free from any human life -besides the tired worker waiting inside at the till. I'm instructed to wait in the car, a gun ready in case of an emergency.
So I wait patiently, watching as she goes in to pay, not sure how she was in planning on doing so. Moments later she's back - a plastic bag in her hand, no sirens ringing.

„ Amazing - I thought you'd steal whatever you wanted and then make a run to it."
„ I'm not that evil Maknae."

She replies, tossing the back on to my lap, the plastic rustling loudly. In it I find a heap of loose, cheap clothes, two cans of redbull, a bottle of Doctor Pepper and two big bags of Doritos - one sweet chili , the other cheese.

„ I took a gamble - you still a fan of sweet chili Doritos and Doctor Pepper?"

I smile and nod. Some things in life never changed.

„ I got you some clothes - not the fanciest fashion in the world, but it'll have to do for now..That reminds me: do you want me to call you Maknae ? Or Serendipity? Cause the one is really long - but it technically is your name now ."

„ Reni is fine."

I reply, pulling on the loose black t shirt she had bought, as well as the same colored joggers. It was a bit too big - most probably made for men not women - but it would serve its purpose for now.

„ So....I take it since you've been driving this way, you have a plan?"
„ Sort of...I have someone in Daegu who owes me a favor...she's a bit of a psycho - but loyal to the bone. She'll help us for now. In the mean time we need to stay low. I know you must be dying to get in contact to your guys - but it would be for the best if you don't. I understand your worry for the sniper, but if what I've heard is true about him, then he'll notice that something wrong before he arrives. Have faith in him Mak- I mean Reni."

We take turns driving, switching now and again to give the other person time to rest. A normal drive to Daegu would take up to 3-4 hours, but due to our circumstances and choice of lifestyle, we stuck to driving along country roads that weren't used by many. It would take us 2-3 hours longer but it would be worth it if we arrived in one piece. We listen to music, singing along to the songs we know, humming to those we don't. The Doritos and Soda bring back old memories of  days where auntie period had come to visit. Back then that was all that I would eat.

I fall asleep, rocked into slumber by the sound of the cars humming engine.
~
BANG!
I wake up with a start, a loud sound ruffly pulling me from the land of dreams. I look around, confused to where I was and what had happened. The clock on the dashboard read 4 am, the sun wouldn't be up for another hour or two. Then the memories from last night come crashing down on me in a powerful wave.
Poppy. The shooting. The trip.

„ Shit - sorry. Didn't mean to wake you. The roads are crappy as fuck here."

Max's voice pulls me out from the depths of my mind. She offers me an apologetic smile, accompanied with a pat to the head.

„ I know you must be needing some rest. You'll get it soon. We're nearly there."

She points in the direction we are heading, showing me a figure growing bigger and bigger as we got closer. It was a wall, looming up into the dark night sky, barely recognizeable in the little light we had.

We are greeted by a woman dressed all in black with a rifle slung over her shoulder. She eyes us up and down, then states a single sentence.

„ You're late."

————-
K. I think I might finally have a way how to finish this story. But more importantly:
WE JUST HIT S 100k READS!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for all of your love, nice comments and support!It always makes my day to read the funny remarks posted on the story.
I hope to wrap up this book soon enough, so that I can carry on writing „Snow White and the seven Hitmen" as well as all the fanfics I had planned for the single band members. I might also try writing a Game of Thrones Fanfic - or one for an anime ( maybe Blackbulter or AoT)
Hope you guys are all safe and healthy!
Stay happy and eat well! Don't starve yourself! You are beautiful just the way you are!

Love,
Seasinger.

P.S: Happy Easter!!