Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Juniper's POV

I never liked drinking. The feeling of being drunk and so out of control with my brain and body was enough to limit myself to only one drink tonight.   

I sipped on my glass of beer with my eyes locked on Jaxon. The way he spoke so enthusiastically about the game they won tonight, with his body casually leaning back in his seat. The light in his eyes showcased his passion and I loved it. I loved everything about him.

I glanced over at Roxanne, she was ogling over Aiden, who was staring up at the clock hanging above the bar. He looked uncomfortable for some reason, and I wondered if Roxanne made him feel that way.

I hoped not, for her sake.

I spent the entire day hyping up this moment. To talk to Jaxon and ask him out.

Now, I wasn't sure when would be the best time. How was I supposed to get him alone? I certainly couldn't do it in front of everyone. -And by everyone, I mean Aiden and his little gang of insufferable boys.

"Aiden." Jaxon said, a wild grin on his face, "Wanna do some shots? I'll pay." As if money was an issue here at Trinity University.

I glanced over at Aiden, who looked dumbfounded. "Uhh, I-"

"Of course he wants to down some shots." Axel, who was already very drunk, laughed, as he wrapped his arm around Aiden, leaning on him to the point where he just looked like he was about to tumble over. "Bring em' over."

Aiden stared at his friend, a look of horror on his face for only a split second before he masked it back up with a look of indifference.

Nobody had seemed to notice, but I did.

Was Aiden afraid to get drunk?

Roxanne was cheering Aiden on as three small glasses of hard liquor were set in front of him, and three more in front of Jaxon.

"Whoever finishes first wins." Jaxon said, as he beckoned for one of the members on the basketball team to count down.

I knew Jaxon was going to win, and when the guy counted down for them to start, he had already drunk two in the time span it took Aiden to drink half of one.

I couldn't help but watch Aiden. He was incredibly slow at drinking, and I've never seen someone drink half a shot, instead of downing it whole.

Unless he didn't want to do this and felt pressured to put on a show.

Jaxon finished his last shot as Aiden only just got on his second.

I watched as he rose his hand up, and pointed at Aiden, between winces, he said, "I win."

Aiden just shrugged, looking pale, despite the neutral look on his face, "You win."

Jaxon began laughing, and ordered three more shots for himself, and for a few of his friends from the team. I opened my mouth to say something to him, but he seemed to be deep in a conversation with one of the guys, that he didn't even spare me a glance.

Roxanne walked over to the counter to order herself a drink, and that was when I noticed Aiden get up and slip away to the bathroom. He looked pale, and I didn't fail to notice his hands were shaking as he slipped them into his pants pockets.

I stared around at everyone, wondering if they saw something wasn't right with him as I did, but everyone else seemed to busy and engaged in their own conversations to notice anything.

I huffed, and stood up, decided I'd play the hero and make sure he didn't pass out on the bathroom floor.

Because he definitely looked like he was going to faint.