Chapter 15

(A picture of Joshua Dufort, here comes chapter 15. Enjoy!)

Blake stood by the Vale Academy's parking lot with Hadrien who had called his brother Joshua. Prince had vanished into whatever plane he come from along with a struggling Coney. He had claimed that Blake hadn't needed them to stir up trouble among the wolf spirits who are territorial beings.

Joshua had told Hadrien that he would come to get them, and they continued to wait for him.

"Do you live with your brother, Hadrien?"

"Oui, we live on the Price lands along with the other wolves from their pack. They have built several houses for pack members to call home if they want."

"Do you get homesick?"

"Parfois, but the landscapes are much the same here like in the Margeride mountains. Fewer rivers and more meadows though."

"Margeride Mountains. Is that where you grew up? Is your pack the same as the Price?"

"Non," Hadrien shook his head before looking wistfully into a distance. "My clan is old and hold tradition close to heart. We call ourselves Lycans and believed the first of the wolves were Lycaon of Arcadia, hence the name. Though the biggest difference is our race. We are... They are cave wolves. Not Eurasian wolves like us." 

"Cave wolves? What is that?"

"An extinct wolf species. They lived in Europe during the stone age. In caves, if the name didn't give it away. They are ancestors to the Eurasian wolves and a little bigger than them. My pack is more secluded but quite... infamous. I don't know if you have heard about La Bête du Gévaudan, but my pack as quite a notorious history. A lot of people died. We have kept in the shadows since then."

"And you weren't chosen by a wolf in your clan... Pack?"

"Non, we only have around seven wolves and all of them were already in other relatives. So, we either had to wait until someone died, accept our lives as humans, or go to another pack. Living as a human was never an option in my family. The Du Mont pack isn't friendly towards humans as the Price pack."

"Du Mont? But your name is Dufort."

"Yes, I and my brother doesn't belong to the main family. My brother was driven out when he came of age and he wouldn't be chosen for a wolf spirit. He traveled to Wales to join the Price family. He got chosen by the Beta, Greyrunner, and I decided to go to him before I come of age and be driven out."

Blake's eyes followed Hadrien's every move as he talked. To be exiled from his own home... "I'm sorry."

Hadrien looked over at Blake with a somber smile. "Moi aussi."

A blue car drove over and stopped in front of them and a young man exited. He is really tall and handsome with the same colored eyes as Hadrien but with fairer attributes. To be honest he looked like a model.

"Bonjour les enfants! Vous allez bien, héros?" Of course, he spoke in French. The man which Blake assumed was Joshua looked over at Hadrien.

"Ça va! Parle en Anglais, Salaud."

"Charmant!" Joshua turned towards Blake with a flirty smile. "And who is this handsome young man?"

"Too young for you!" Hadrien said while rolling his eyes. Joshua just laughed at that. "Age is just a number, not to mention the elder has experience."

Blake blushed when Joshua kissed his cheeks. He had noticed that this was something Hadrien does as well and has learned that it was their way of greeting. That along with being flirty, though Hadrien is more reserved.