"Geminio." She whispers pointing her wand at Pickett as she casts. A bowtruckle appears on top of her palm, identical to Pickett. It chirps in confusion.

  Newt fights with himself.  He can't possibly give Pickett to anyone, but he needs to find Dougal.  One doesn't weight heavier over the other to him.  He loves them all the same as a mother does her children. How can he simply pick one? 

  "All right." He decides in a pained voice.

Gnarlack, who's back is turned from the wizards, grins menacingly.

Newt reaches for his breast pocket slowly. Pickett shrills at his owner's hand. Esther places her hand on Newt's thigh. The thoughtless gesture nearly startles him. His hand recoils to touch hers as an attempt to move it. She stands from the table.

"I'm so sorry, Gnarlack. I forgot to mention that I do have something to offer you of equal value." She announces, exhibiting a replica of Pickett.

She steps towards the mobster and hands him the bowtruckle. It acts just as Pickett would. It's sharp arms reach out for the witch, begging for her touch. It chirps.

"Ah yeah..." He says examining the creature. "Somethin' invisible's been wreakin' havoc around Fifth Avenue. You may wanna check out the Macy's department store. Might be watcha lookin' for." He insights the gang.

"Dougal..." Newt whispers. He pauses, contemplating another question for the goblin, "One last thing." Esther clicks her tongue to get wizards attention. He looks at her briefly, noticing her shaking her head no, but he's too far into his sentence to take it back, "There's a Mr.Graves who works at MACUSA. I was wondering if you knew of his history." He pushes his luck with his inquisition.

Gnarlack stares at him, withholding information that he could give, but refuses to. "You ask too many questions, Mr.Scamander. That can get you killed."

He clutches the fake bowtruckle in his hand inspecting it.  Tips of its arms, legs, and antennae have withered into a brown color, like a twig.  Gnarlack's brows furrow in confusion then it turns into anger. The witch he's made many business deals with has turned on him. Which is only fair since he's done the same to them.

"MACUSA ARE COMING."
The house elf shouts before vanishing from the bar.

Other customers begin to disappear after the elf. Tina jumps towards Esther and Newt.

"You tipped them off?!" She accuses the goblin.

Gnarlack chuckles then squeezes the dried up bowtruckle in his hand. It splinters to the ground, leaving dust behind.

The posters behind Queenie at the bar that honor some of the regulars have morphed into their own wanted posters. Aurors begin to poof inside the speakeasy, arresting any criminals they can.

Jacob rushes towards the goblin.

"Hey, Gnarlack!" He shouts.

He swings his fist square into the goblin's nose, knocking him on the beaten floor. Queenie smiles with delight.

"He reminds me of my foreman." He concludes.

Newt runs to the pile of dust, confirming if it had been a real bowtruckle or merely a hoax. Esther follows after him, pulling him up to his feet, ready to apparate.

Jacob steals another glass of giggle water and swigs it down. He bursts with laughter before Queenie grapples him and apparates. Esther follows suit with the wizard.