☸1☸

♦♦♦♦

"Dadda! Aaa

"Dadda! Aaa..!", I shove another spoon of baby food in her mouth, "Dadda's bite!"
She eats the morsel for what looks like eternity, but my daughter looks adorable while eating.
"Dadda...finisssshhh!", She pulls her hands in air in achievement.
I pinch her nose, "Dadda's doll you are!"

She starts jumping on her chair, unless I put her down on floor, where she starts crawling as soon as she touches the floor.
"Slow down baby! Come with dadda...", She giggles as she runs away from me.

Round the dining table, she crawls towards her balloon chair.
Keeping aside her eating stuff, I run to her before she trips off the chair.
"Dadda! Jumm!", She jumps on her chair and her curly locks bounce along with her.

"Wait love! Dadda's coming...!", I grabbed her but she was unstoppable.
As she stops bouncing on chair, she jumps on me.
"Dadda coo...!", I laughed.
'coo' in her language means she wants to play with me, rather play while sitting on me.
I lied down on the sofa, and kept her on my stomach.
"Mun...too...tee..pho...pi...!", She started reciting the countings she learnt just minutes ago.
I couldn't help smiling at her antiques.
When quiet, she would just frown and pout on God knows what.

"Dadda wants kissie Mahira!", I said this pouting, and in no time she leans in and kisses the tip of my nose.
Like her mother used to do...

"Now dadda will kiss you back!", I announced and she took it as a challenge.
Trying to get off me, but once unsuccessful, she cupped her cheeks with her hands, hiding them from me, "No dadda...no kichii..."
I laughed at that and she frowned.
Shaking her head, she kept a finger on my lips, "Shhhh....ghottt!"
Thinking for a while, I understood that she just said 'ghost'.
My baby is a quick learner.
She grasps new words real fast.

I hear a click sound on the door, and then the door slightly opens, revealing us to the one outside.

"Mummaaa! Mummaaa!", Mahira beams in joy, and slowly gets off me to hug her mother.
She's meeting her after six long hours, and no wonder she reacted the same way, when she saw me after hours.
"Mahira! Say hello to Mumma!", She picked her up in her arms.
"Huooo!", Baby replied in her broken voice.
"Baby missed mumma!?", She asks and she instantly nodded her head.

"C'mon my munchkin, you have to get ready now...like your mumma...I have brought your dress.", She kept Mahira on the crib and I walked over to her.
Getting a bit stiff in my presence, she turns towards the packet she was holding.

I looked at her, as she took out two wedding cards.
One with 'Mahir Sehgal'.
And other with 'Bela Sharma'.

"Dadda!", The voice of my little self brought me back to the world.
"Yes sweetheart!", I asked her.
She grinned and showed her hands signalling me to pick her up.
I did so.

"Now baby is going to dress up like a princess...am I right!?", Mahira nodded even when she couldn't understand what she said.
She took out a small top and a denim skirt followed by shoes of bright red colour.
"C'mon baby! Come to mumma...let's change your clothes."