22 ~ it'll be worth it

Start from the beginning

'That's 3 galleons for me.' Your father laughed.

'This is your first step into the right direction.' Your mother smiled.

'Yeah.. thank you.' You smiled.

You looked at the door. You started heading out. Draco was waiting there, like he promised. You smiled and hugged him. He hugged you back.

Your parents, who came out after you, stopped and watched in a little confusion.

'Is it okay?' Draco asked.

'Yeah.' You said.

Draco let you go. He moved his eyes to the side for a moment. Signing that he clearly noticed your parents. You laid your hand in his neck, pulled his head down and kissed him. It wasn't that you cared a lot.

You pulled back and walked away right away before anyone could say anything. Draco looked at your parents and rubbed his neck for a moment.

'I'm just gonna.. Yeah..'

He walked away a little awkward.

-

Later that day, you were getting ready for dinner. It was quite hard for you to look at your dark mark. It was scary.. but you had to live with it.

There was a knock on your door.

'Come in.' You said.

You saw your mother. You hadn't seen her since you kissed Draco. She sat down on your bed.

'So.. You and Draco, huh?' She asked.

'Yes.' You smiled before sitting down besides her.

'So how long has that been going on?' She asked.

'We've been together for one entire day.'

Your mother looked around for a moment. You knew she had more questions.

'You can ask me. It's fine.' You said.

Your mother looked at you.

'Draco didn't want to be with me because of who I was. Not a Slytherin, a traitor.. but we really liked each other.'

'Is he the reason you wanted to be a death eater?' Your mother asked.

'5% of the reason.' You admitted.

'That's a smaller amount than I expected.'

You didn't know where her sudden interest came from, but you sort off loved it. You finally recognised the mother you had before you became 11 years old.

'What's the rest of the reason?' She asked.

'Mostly to make you guys see.. that I'm not who you think I am. I'm not a traitor. I didn't choose to be a Ravenclaw. I didn't want to be a failure. I'm not a failure. I just wanted to make you proud for once. Because I missed it. I've felt quite alone.'

You looked away from her. You couldn't believe you just said that. Your mother laid her hand on your shoulder.

'We missed you too.. but it's all about the status, Y/N. Without a status you're nothing.. It's good that you joined us. You're coming close to a real Y/L now.'

You didn't know if that was the response you wanted. You looked at her and just passed her a smile. It was better than what you used to get. She gave you a small hug.

'Draco is a few months older than you are. (If not, please just imagine he is). Always think about what you're ready for.' She said.

You looked at her and laughed.

'I will. Don't worry.'

She walked towards the door. When she wanted to open the door, Draco opened It at the same time. He looked at you and your mother.

'Oh, I'll just-'

'It's fine, Draco. Now you take good care of her.' She said before walking away.

Draco looked at you.

'So she approves?'

You nodded. Draco rubbed the back of his neck and laughed a little. He walked inside and closed the door.

You looked at him and couldn't stop smiling.

'What?' Draco asked.

'Can't I smile at my boyfriend?'

'You're really happy with the fact that you can call me that, aren't you?' He asked with a tiny blush.

You walked over to him and hugged him.

'You're acting like it is a crime.'

Draco laughed and just kissed you.