Part Ten

Past

"My favourite cousin! How come you are here?"

Oh no! Why is he here?

Feeling caught I turn around to meet Pras. Stupidly grinning he steps towards me and engulfs me in a bear hug.

It's June 15th today and as every year my family planned a barbeque in our backyard to which every relative is invited but this time, I asked my parents for permission not to join the big family gathering because I cannot stand it. These parties only have the purpose of bragging about how awesome everyone's children are and gossiping about other's failure. Figure out, why I don't like spending my free time with relatives. Even more surprised I was when I saw Pras here. Alison and I have decided to make a little trip to Hatnia, a lake that is about an hour drive far from home, and spend our day with a pedalo ride, taking a swim and relaxing on meadow. Just some quality best friends time without getting annoyed. But I have been pleased too soon.

"I could ask you the same question." Alison comes next to me eyeing my cousin and his friends, who are striding towards us with a six pack of beer. I've seen them on few occasions but have never talked to them.

"Well, we are having a girls' day out. What about you and your mates?"

They introduced themselves: Jay, Pridhiv and Steve. The last name reminds me of something but I cannot put my finger on it.

"Kinda the same. Wanna join?"

Before I could say that I'd rather enjoy some relaxed time with Alison, she already answered.

"Sure. Let us grab our stuff." When the both of us made our way back to our bags and drinks I was way too annoyed.

"Why would you join them?"

"Have you seen his friends? Gurl, I'd tap that asses!"

"Ewww, gurl."

"Why? They're not all your cousins!It will be fun."

We took our stuff and went to the guys.

***
She was right it was fun. It was near midnight and we were headed home. Funnily enough, one of Pras' friends, Pridhiv, lives in the same dormitory as I do thus we took the same bus while Alison and the others headed the other way.

"So how long have you known Pras?"
I asked Pridhiv.

He ruffled his hair and squinted his eyes before answering. "I guess since I moved to the city five years ago or something. What about you?"

"Well, I've known him since forever. He's my cousin, remember?"

We both chuckled and got out the bus.

"Yes, I do. Oh by the way, sorry for bothering you the other night," he said. We walked down the streets only a few meters left to our building.

"The other night?," I said confused when it dawned on me. 

"Wait, you were that drunk annoying bastard who wouldn't stop calling."

"Yes, I'm so sorry. It wasn't one of my best moments. Especially the way I behaved with calling you again and again."

He was so cute. Especially with his sheepish smile.

"It's OK. You ruined my night though. But how did you get my number?"

Instead of answering my question he said "I will tell you the next time" and headed to one of the rooms on the ground floor.

"Next time, huh?"
Shaking my head I took the stairs.