He decided to spend his time looking for her. He searched through the after school hall ways. Ran outside to see if she was at track but she was no where to be found.

Jude sighed feeling like the world's biggest jerk. He checked the library in his last attempt but didn't see her anywhere. "Jude the concert is in 20 minutes! Let's go!" Carter one of the trombone players nudged him.

Jude huffed giving up. He stomped his way to the auditorium. He set up his section in the front. Plugging his guitars cord to the amp.

They would be performing a series of Queen songs. Jude suggested that they did some rock and roll for the spring concert so people were more interested.

He was nervous because they had a lot of guitar parts and he just got decent at it a couple of months ago. But it was way too late to back out now.

"Alright every get in place! It's show time!" The band director Mr. Dilbit called. The remaining kids excitedly scrambled to their spots while Jude tried not to panic.

Finally the curtain drew back and Jude saw all the faces of parents, 8th graders, 7th graders, and 6th graders.

"You can do it, calm down." He whispered to himself.

"You got this Jude!" He heard his brother holler from the crowd. Jude shot his attention to his family in shock. They told him they wouldn't be able to make it. A big smile graced his face as he waved shyly.

The band started with "Another Bites the Dust" they started a little rough but as the song progressed crowd got really into it.

Jude was doing alright but anyone could tell he was nervous. Fortunately he got better and better with every song.

Finally the last song to be played was "Somebody to Love." Jude inhaled deeply. The song started and Jude began to play.

He closed his eyes really getting into it. His fingers gliding across the strings in a beautiful rhythm. The crowd was clapping and cheering along with the song.

Jude felt the confidence flow through his veins. It was an out of body experience playing in front of people as they cheered you on.

He went along with music not realizing he was now standing up and playing. He didn't even notice the director tell the other band members to stop playing for Jude's solo.

Jude kept his eyes closed and played with everything he had. His talent shocked the audience. A seventh grade boy who just picked up the guitar that year shouldn't nearly have that much talent.

They stood to their feet cheering Jude on. Eyes still closed a small smile graced his face. He bit his lip trying to hide it but couldn't.

It was the ending part of the song when Jude opened his eyes connecting them instantly with Jasmine who had a smile on her face.

Jude's eyes widened in shock. Was she here the whole time? A smile and blush fought its way on his face back at her.

She held a thumbs up as the crowd roared its applause. The curtain drew close and Jude hustled gathering his things so he could catch Jasmine.

"Wow Jude you were sooo amazing!" Emily cooed. Cameron rolled his eyes. "Band is still nerdy but wow Jude you killed it."

Jude smiles patting their backs still running through the mass of people praising him to find her.

"Hey Jude!" His family called to him. "Yin minute mither!" He rushed by them.

He saw Jasmine walking out the door with a tall black man. "Jasmine!" He called. Jasmine turned around face to face with Jude.

"Hey little man you killed it up there." He assumed this man was her father smiled. Jasmine smiled too. "You guys friends?"

"No-"

"Yes-"

Jude and Jasmine clashed. Jude was surprised she said no but then realized he shouldn't be surprised. He was really mean to her before.

"Yes sir we are friends." Jude said firmly before smiling at Jasmine. Jasmine's mouth lifted into a small smile.

"I'll go get the car Jazzy give me a second." Her dad nodded walking to the lot.

"Jasmine I'm sorry I've never been good at socializing. I've been mean to you but I hope you can forgive me and we can be friends?" He asked nervously.

Jasmine smiled and held her hand out. He took it and they shook it.

"Friends Jude O'Conner."