eighteen.

Foreign Essence
chapter eighteen.

Foreign Essencechapter eighteen

❨ 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒. If people weren't running around on mission or taking care of Jocelyn in the infirmary, they were running around with wedding decorations, trying to use every spare moment to set up for Lydia and Alec's wedding.

And Leon just wanted to get work done without wedding planning being shoved in his face. 

To get his mind off the preparations and off of Alec, he asked Kai to spar with him. So, the two of them had boxing gloves on and were training with hand-to-hand combat. Leon danced around on his feet, his fists up by his face as he and Kai circled each other.

Kai sped toward him but Leon's speed also helped him block the attack by helping Leon spin behind Kai and grab him in a chokehold. Kai's hands grabbed Leon's arms and then he gained leverage on Leon, throwing him over his shoulder.

But Leon landed on his feet and grabbed Kai's arm, twisting it back with his other hand on Kai's back.

Kai grunted and slid his leg back, knocking Leon on his back. Kai straddled him and shoved his forearm against Leon's neck, making Leon gasp for air.

"Get out of your head, man."

Leon grunted angrily and he shimmied his leg up. He knocked Kai's leg out from him and Kai fell on top of Leon before Leon used his speed and knocked Kai to the floor, shoving his forearm against Kai's neck that time.

"I'm not in my head."

Kai's arms shot forward and wrapped around Leon's shoulder's. He spun Leon around and bolted upright, holding him in a chokehold.

"You are in your head, mate. Stop thinking about Alec."

Leon's face contorted into anger and he reared his elbow back to collide into Kai's stomach. Kai coughed and released Leon, who sprang to his feet. 

"I am not thinking about Alec!" Leon snapped.

Leon was so focused on his anger that he didn't notice that Kai shoved his foot out, knocking Leon to the floor. As he fell, Kai grabbed his arm and twisted him so that he landed face down on the tiles. Then he buried his knee into Leon's back and held his head down.

"Yes you are!" Kai grunted back. "You're thinking about this bloody wedding and all it's doing is pissing you off. It's distracting you."

"You don't know what the hell — "