twelve.

Foreign Essence
chapter twelve.

❨ 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ❩

❨ 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆. A groan left his lips but he tried to look like nothing was wrong as he entered the Ops Center.

"Slept at Magnus' place?"

Leon grunted when he heard Isabelle's voice. He raised his head and saw her and Alec standing at a monitor as he approached.

"Don't say it like that," Leon grumbled tiredly. "And I didn't do much sleeping. I was helping treat Luke's wounds last night while they healed."

He heard Isabelle follow him and he sighed, turning to the Lightwood girl. "And Magnus made some cocktails."

She giggled. "Well, look at you having a little fun."

Leon scoffed. "I have plenty of fun." She quirked an eyebrow and smirked. "Just not lately," he grumbled. "I'm not really here to have fun, Isabelle."

Then she chuckled softly and put her hand on his bicep. "Leon, I know we don't know each other well, but when you're ready to talk about whatever you need to talk about, I'm here."

He sighed and glanced up over her shoulder, seeing Alec watching them interact with a curious expression on his face. But when Leon looked at him, he quickly looked away and Leon sighed.

He glanced down at Izzy again and sighed, "Thanks, Isabelle. I'll remember that."

She grinned and hugged him, making him chuckle as he hugged her back. "And you call me Izzy," she whispered.

He laughed lightly and the two of them released each other from the hug. "Well, okay, Izzy," he mused. "Hey, have you seen Kai?"

"Right here, mate."

Leon turned around and saw Kai climb down the stairs into the Ops Center. The two of them clapped their hands together and then wrapped their other arms around each other in a hug. 

"You okay? Magnus called me, told me you got smashed."

Leon sighed, "I'm fine, Kai. And I did not get 'smashed'."

Kai quirked an eyebrow at him in suspicion but he didn't get a chance to say anything before Alec joined the trio. 

"I hate to interrupt but Jace just called. He needs backup at the police station."