seventeen.

Foreign Essence
chapter seventeen.

Foreign Essencechapter seventeen

❨ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐝 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐓𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐋𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐃. He spent every waking moment at the abandoned church in Central Park, going on missions or worrying about Clary and the Cup and finding Valentine.

But with the peace and quiet that Magnus' apartment brought him, Leon was able to properly heal from the Forsaken attack. Of course, Magnus helped with his magic after he convinced Leon to allow him to. 

But the solitude was peaceful.

It had been a long time since Leon actually felt a sense of peace like he did with his friend. Kai had to return to the Institute after spending the night with Leon and Magnus but Leon remained with Magnus just a while longer. 

According to Kai, Lydia was suspicious as to why Leon left the Institute with the warlock, but Kai told her that Magnus was taking him to help him heal from the attack. 

Somehow, she believed it.

Kai had also told Leon that Simon, the mundane, wasn't so mundane anymore. Apparently, Camille gave him a taste of her blood when he had been kidnapped by the vamps. And he eventually made his way back to the Hotel DuMort, no doubt because of the effects of her blood.

He was probably looking for answers and was most likely scared out of his mind. And Camille killed him to cover her tracks.

She broke the Accords and didn't want evidence. 

But Raphael brought him to the Institute and Clary made the hasty decision to turn Simon into a vampire because she couldn't lose her best friend.

Leon understood how she felt — he couldn't lose Kai or Magnus. But Leon didn't think he could ever make a decision like that for Kai. 

Leon had just taken a shower and changed in the guest room, where he was sleeping during his stay at Magnus'.

He grabbed his stele and his bow staff, sticking the stele into the pocket of his jeans. He strapped the staff to the back of his belt and left the room.

He knew it was time to return to the Institute now that he was full healed. He still had a job to do.

"Hey, Mag, can you — "

Leon lifted his head as he buttoned the cuffs of his shirt and stopped short before he could finish his question. Alec was standing in Magnus' living room, and when he saw Leon, he shifted his weight on his feet awkwardly.