Homeroom

Uraraka liked to consider herself a simple girl with reasonable wishes.

For one, she wished Aizawa wasn't so cryptic.

For another, she wished Deku was still...well, Deku.

"Good morning, Uraraka!" Iida greeted as Uraraka shuffled in through the door.

"Hey Iida." She waved half-heartedly, heading to her desk. She hadn't slept well, still wrapping her head around the weird situation Deku and Bakugou found themselves in. One's world view could be thrown into questioning at seeing a socially anxious Bakugou and a punch-life-in-its-bitch-ass-face Deku. What even was the fear of facing whatever messed up scheme The Villain League had in store compared to this?

She supposed her thoughts verged on over-dramatic, but this was beyond freaky. Part of her was fixated on Deku calling her a dumbass. Again, she was aware it was really Bakugou talking, but that didn't wash away the brief hurt she felt.

She sighed, draping herself over her desk for dramatic effect once she sat. She figured it'd be wishful thinking to hope this weird quirk effect was a one day thing, but a girl could dream. If those two had any luck-which she doubted considering all the crazy things that seemed to happen to them specifically-they could have switched back this morning. That'd be nice.

"Are you okay?" Iida asked, the tinge in his voice telling her his mom mode was beginning to set in. She ran a hand through her hair.

"I guess? I'm just a little frazzled over Bakugou and Deku." she admitted. Iida nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, their situation is...unprecedented. I just hope the quirk's effect wears off soon."

"Me too."

"What's wrong with Midoriya?" a calm voice chimed in. The duo turned to see Todoroki pause by Uraraka's desk. "Is he not feeling well?"

"Uh..." Uraraka and Iida glanced at each other, sharing a silent conversation. Should they explain the situation? After all, there was always that slim chance the quirk did wear off overnight. But if it hadn't...wouldn't Bakugou and Deku want to explain it themselves? She should've texted Iida or Deku about it last night. Then again, she was in a state similar to Kaminari whenever he overdid it with his quirk: not high-functioning intelligence wise.

Todoroki studied the two of them, his grip on his bag tightening ever so slightly. Uraraka felt bad for worrying him, she knew how much Deku meant to him.

"He's fine, really!" she reassured him. "He's just dealing with the aftermath of crashing into Bakugou yesterday. I doubt that was any fun." She grimaced, remembering how both boys had been non-responsive to the shocked cries of their respective friend groups and the startled screams of the children.

"I highly doubt anything involving Bakugou would be fun." Todoroki deadpanned. Uraraka snorted.

"Not to most people, anyways." she giggled. Todoroki looked at her, amusement flickering in his eyes.

"Bakugou's demeanor can be disheartening," Iida agreed, "Yet sometimes it's just what we need. Especially in tense situations." Uraraka hummed thoughtfully. That crackfire energy Bakugou had served as a great motivator to keep fighting, to keep trying. If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang, and drag those bitches down with you. Poetic, in a self-destructive sort of way.

The rest of the class gradually poured in, their chatter adding a liveliness Uraraka wished she had woken with.

* * *

As expected, there was a moment of silence when the two boys sauntered in late.

Together.

The class stared at them curiously, as if witnessing an enigma. Deku shied away, his shoulders hunching slightly as he gripped his backpack strap self-consciously. They had swapped bags outside the door. After all, despite him now occupying Bakugou's body, that didn't mean his penmanship or train of thought had suddenly changed. Besides, it made no sense for them to do the others homework. Also he wanted his notebook back.