Chapter 16: The story of Naruto Uzumaki [The Chunin Exams part 1]

Zacznij od początku

Present day:
"And did Sasuke fight this 'Bushy Brow' Rock Lee guy?" Katara asked.
"Yeah. But first I wanted to try to fight him. He had no interest in me at all. But I still charged him anyway, and let's just say... it did not end well for me. I was not as strong as I am now. Now, I could beat Bushy Brow, but it would still be a hard fight... but back then.... I was no where near Bushy Brow's level... though if you ever tell anyone I said that, I will deny it!" Naruto replied honestly.
"So what happened after you lost?" Sokka asked.
"Sasuke tried to fight him. He struggled big time and decided to use the Sharingan he awoke in our first mission to give him an edge. But even with the Sharingan, Bushy Brow's skill was too much for Sasuke. It was a good thing in the long run... since Sasuke and I both took a move from him in later battles." Naruto replied with a smile as he remembered when Sasuke performed the Lion's Barrage, only for Naruto to perform his own version of it with the Naruto Uzumaki Barrage.
"So Sasuke lost." Aang said. Naruto nodded.
"But the fight didn't get to reach it's end. It was stopped by Bushy Brow's sensei, Might Guy... or as I call him Bushier Brows Sensei, he's like a grown up version of Bushy Brow!" Naruto replied.
"How strong is this Might Guy?" Sokka asked.
"He's Kakashi Sensei's rival. Just like Sasuke is my rival. And considering how strong Kakashi Sensei is..." Naruto said before he stopped, it hurt his brain to try to think about it.
"Even after we lost to Bushy Brows... Sasuke and I.... were excited at how much stronger we could become... competing against such powerful ninja." Naruto thought as he remembered how Sasuke lead them to the first exam. The smirk on Sasuke's face and the excitement that Naruto felt.

Flashback:When Team 7 made it to the classroom, they found Kakashi waiting for them

Flashback:
When Team 7 made it to the classroom, they found Kakashi waiting for them. He was pleasantly surprised to see Sakura there, as she originally had doubts about competing in the Chunin Exams.
"Glad you made it after all, Sakura." Kakashi said before he elaborated.
"This way, you all qualify to apply for the Chunin Exams." Kakashi said.
"What do you mean?" Sakura asked.
"The way the test is set up, it can only be taken in three person teams." Kakashi explained.
"But Kakashi Sensei, you said it was up to each one of us to decide whether or not to apply. Were you lying?" Sakura asked confused.
"I said what I had to to keep your partners from pressuring you into coming along. Even if you had no interest in applying, one word from Sasuke.... and you'd have come along and gone through the motions, though your heart wouldn't have been in it." Kakashi explained.
"What would have happened if Sasuke and Naruto had shown up without me?" Sakura asked.
"I'd have washed them out right here. None of you would have gotten past this point without both of the others. But you're all here because you want to be. And I'm very proud of you. Now get in there!" Kakashi said with a proud eye smile at his students. Taking pride in them  Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura each had a smile of happiness as Naruto walked in the middle of his teammates and they opened the door.
"Look out everybody, 'cause here we come!!" Naruto declared.

Present day:
"When we got into the classroom, we were surprised by how many people were looking to apply. The room was crowded full of other Genin. Every rookie Genin ninja of the Leaf Village, the same group of people I went to the Ninja Academy was there!" Naruto said.
"Wow. And what are they like." Aang asked. Naruto smiled as he remembered his friends.
"Well, there's Shikamaru Nara. He's really smart, but lazy. Back then I thought he was a fool... man did I learn how wrong I was about all of them when I was in the exams. He's an amazing ninja and a great leader when he puts his mind to it. In his same team, Team 10, there was Choji Akamichi and Ino Yamanaka. Choji is a chubby guy who eats a lot. I used to think he was just fat, but I later learned that the Akamichi clan are big because of the chakra they have inside them. Choji can pack a big punch if he wants to. Ino in the other hand is Sakura's rival, in both ninjutsu and because they both have a crush on Sasuke. She has jutsu that lets her invade a person's mind!" Naruto said. Sokka shuddered at that.
"The last thing I need is a woman who can read my thoughts. That sounds scary. Especially if she is as capable as Suki was." Sokka said.
"So was there other rookies?" Katara asked. Naruto nodded.
"There was also Team 8. The members of Team 8 are Hinata Hyuga, Kiba Inuzuka, and Shino Aburame. Hinata is kind of weird. She faints a lot around me and is super shy. But even though she's weird, she's also super nice and really strong. She has the same ninja way I do. Kiba as part of the Inuzuka family has a ninja hound, a partner who helps him in fights. Akamaru may look like a small puppy, but he's super strong too! And Shino, I still don't know too much about him. He's nice but kind of bad around people. I still consider him a good friend though." Naruto explained.
"So there were nine Leaf Village rookies." Aang said. Naruto nodded.
"Yeah. The Rookie Nine of the Hidden Leaf Village!" Naruto replied.
"So all nine of the rookies of your village was together. It must have been a pretty loud place to be in." Sokka said. Naruto nodded.
"Yeah." Naruto replied, admitting that they were quite loud.