7. eddie gets evaluated and richie's sad

this chapter is literally 5795 words lol

that morning, instead of sitting and watching netflix during his free lesson, richie was assigned something to do. now, this was really rare. richie basically had to make notes on eddie's lesson for stanley. stanley was going to do it at first, but something came up. and so, richie had to take it up.
he was in his classroom before lessons started, his form class talking to each other. he usually thought up of something to do, but he didn't bother and just let them chat. he was one of the better form tutors. some made their form class read in silence for the whole time.
after the bell rang, the students left. richie closed his laptop, took his paperwork, and strolled into eddie's classroom to greet him before lessons started.
" g'morning, mr.k!" he smiled, placing the paperwork he was meant to fill out on the table. he walked over and lightly kissed eddie's cheek.
"morning," he said happily. "what're you doing here?" he asked, turning his body to face richie and lean up against his desk.
one of the best things about their relationship was that they worked together (though that could be considered a bad thing, too). eddie got to see his boyfriend constantly and they got to eat lunch together. eddie loved it. stanley didn't.
in fact, stanley often scolded them for PDA and rolled his eyes constantly at lunches when they sat together and did cute things.
eddie didn't know why it bothered him so much. he was probably jealous he couldn't get a girl or boyfriend of his own. that's what eddie assumed, anyway.
"stan's s'posed to be coming in to 'evaluate my teaching methods'." he used air quotations, slightly rolling his eyes. he knew it was part of stan's job to evaluate the teachers, but it was always nerve-wracking to be judged by your boss. especially if your boss was stan. mr. uris didn't really love eddie. he never had, but he was by far the best option for an art teacher at derry high.
" yeah, 'bout that, eds, that's my job today." richie said, " stan the man's a lil' busy today. i'll try to be fair on what i write, but i might be a little biased. just a little." richie smiled, pushing up his glasses. he wore a white shirt, brown flannel and black jeans. richie wasn't the teacher that dressed the best, though he liked to think he dressed better out of his workplace.
" i'm so excited." richie said happily, " i'm, a like, a head teacher. don't call me richie," he said in his best stanley impression, " it's mr. tozier to you." he said before laughing. he couldn't be serious whilst pretending to be stanley.
eddie chuckled. richie was such a dork. "i'm excited too. remember to give me extra points or however it works. stanley probably won't but it though, would he? he hates us together." eddie found it quite funny how easy it was to annoy the noodle-haired man.
the bell rang and students started filing in.
eddie turned on his heel to face the class.
"good morning everyone. today, mr. tozier is going to hang out in here. not for fun this time. to evaluate me. so be on your best behavior so he can see that i'm not that bad of a teacher." eddie was definitely more loose around richie and the students were happy about that. when their teachers were happy, there was less work involved.
" ' not that bad'? lovely impression, eds. really getting things off right." richie joked, pretending to write something on his paper. the students couldn't see as they sat in front of him, but eddie, who was standing, might just be able to see that richie hadn't written anything at all- he drew a dick on his paper, and he looked proud of it too. he then tried to rub it out, realised he wrote it in pen, and left it there.
" yeah, uh, pretend i'm not here. but i'll probably be speaking a lot, so it'll be pretty hard for you." richie smiled, playing with his pen.
"don't call me that," eddie snickered lightly at the crude drawing. "um, you can sit at my desk or the back table," he pointed to them. "or anywhere. doesn't really matter," he shrugged.
eddie went to his desk to get out the materials they needed for today, setting them on the front table. it was only clay, newspaper, and a few tools. they had moved onto the clay unit of the class a few days ago.
" hey, eds, can i join in?" richie asked, eyes lighting up. he hadn't thought of that. he sat at eddie's desk, moving some things out of the way. he wrote on a sticky note ' if u see this hi lol :,)) '. richie was a great english teacher. a student seemed to notice what was on richie's paper because they laughed a little.
" i'll be a 10/10 student. you won't even have to call my parents. pretty please, mista?" he looked at eddie.
eddie glanced over at him. "yeah, sure. don't get it stuck to my desk, though."
"alright, everyone grab a newspaper, water, and a tool from the bin. i'll come around with clay." students started taking the materials, chatting about random things. eddie started to cut the clay into even blocks. the class was seated again and eddie started to come around the classroom, distributing the clay in his hands then going back for more.
"remember, the more you play with it, the dryer the clay gets, so have an idea of what you're going to make before you start."
when he reached richie, he set a bit of clay on his desk. "don't get it stuck to my papers." he warned with a smile.
" can i make a dick?" richie asked and laughed, " or is that too much?.. i can make maybe a stripper pole. put it in my bedroom.. or i can make.." richie thought for a second, " hm.. i'll make us!" he decided happily.
eddie grinned. richie was sweet when he wanted to be. he placed a light kiss to richie's cheek and turned to the class. "remember to slip and score," he reminded the class, walking to the front of the room again. "if you need more clay there's some up here, but don't take what you don't need."
richie started making the two. he didn't exactly know where to start, but after a bit of thinking, he kind of figured it out. he got some of that metal wire from the cupboard, and started making their bodies so the wire went through them and they wouldn't fall apart. he used a pen that didn't work to put in all of the details on their faces, and spent most of his time making his and eddie's hair, as he made every strand. richie's hair was just as messy as it was in real life. he make their clay representations wear the same things they were wearing that day, and after a while, he had some basic figures. he then made them hold hands before sticking them to a base he made so they stood. richie had never been prouder of himself.
eddie was helping a student that was making a penguin when he glanced up and saw richie's proud grin.
"um, does that help?" he asked the student. he nodded and eddie left to go to richie. "since when were you good at art?" he asked, observing richie's creation with half a smirk. he hadn't even made too much of a mess either. eddie was actually very impressed with richie. when richie applies himself, he was very talented.
" i don't know. richie shrugged, " can you tell who they are, eddie bear?" he asked happily, holding eddie's hand. he hadn't written anything on the paper, as was too busy creating his figures to write. he'd just tell stanley that eddie's lesson was so good richie didn't have time to write everything down.
eddie didn't even remember that richie was supposed to be evaluating him. "don't call me that, but yeah. it's really good, richie." he readjusted his hand in richie's and squeezed it lightly. a few of the students had just given up on their projects and were watching richie and eddie, but their art teacher didn't notice. he was distracted by richie.
" thanks." richie smiled, lightly pecking eddie's lips when he thought nobody was looking, " i love you, sweetheart. i'll paint it and then you can keep it." he hummed, " i'll probably be done by tomorrow. i bought paint last week."
"you have to come in here to paint it. there's a special kinda paint for clay," he said. "plus we have to put it in the kiln. it can be another excuse for you to come in again." eddie smiled.
eddie let his students talk to each other when they were working, but he heard his name. and richie's. not mr. kaspbrak and mr. tozier, though. richie and eddie. eddie glanced at the students. it was a group of four girls fangirling over their teacher's relationship. eddie scoffed.
richie followed eddie's gaze, realising what he was looking at.
" .. students are weird sometimes." richie commented, " we're literally teachers and they're looking at me as if i was really cool. i barely get paid." richie joked. being a teacher didn't exactly make you rich, but you weren't poor.
"you are cool, richie. but i'm cooler. i'm the cool one." eddie would never let that go. not for a while at least.
"mr. kaspbrak!" a student from the back of the class yelled urgently. eddie looked up. "james is throwing clay at me!" eddie resisted the urge to roll his eyes. james was something else.
"james, come up here." he said in a bored tone. these kids were seventh graders, the youngest grade he had to deal with, but they were still old enough to know better than to throw clay at each other.
kids snickered as their classmate walked up with a smile. "what, eds?" he asked casually. kids laughed. eddie tilted his head.
"it's mister kaspbrak to you." only richie was allowed to call him eds, and eddie scolded him for it. a kid in seventh grade didn't have the right to call him eds. "would you like to go pay a visit to mr. uris?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.
"yeah, i haven't seen stan in a while." more kids laughed. "i'll give him a call now and tell him you're on your way then." eddie said calmly. he scooted behind richie, bending over slightly to punch the numbers of the main office in. james headed down, rolling his eyes. his middle fingers were up in his pockets.a
as the boy left, richie said, " tell stan i said hi!"
he shouldn't of have said that but richie found it pretty funny.
"yeah, he's on his way. okay, bye." eddie hung up.
" damn, i'm scared walking into stanley's office at age 24, and he's younger than me. stan the man's really scary." richie said. richie felt that whenever he'd walk into stanley's office, there was a chance he'd be fired for some dumb shit. yet, as you can tell, this has not happened.
"richie, don't encourage him." eddie scoffed, going back to the front of the class. "okay, everyone back to work." he clapped his hands once. there was only fifteen minutes left until class dismissed. eddie didn't really want richie to leave.
richie looked up at the time, " seriously? 15 minutes left? i really don't want to teach a lesson. i'm tired." richie mumbled, looking at eddie, " hey, eds, what should i make my next lesson on?" he asked. richie had no ideas.
eddie sat on top of his desk. "you should really plan out your lessons, richie. or at least get general ideas about what you're gonna teach them." eddie kicked his feet lightly.
" this is my style, eds. i don't work any other way." richie said, thinking for a moment or so before saying, " i'll just give 'em my favourite play to study. it's not gonna be boring for me, at least." he shrugged. richie's favourite play was the crucible by arthur miller ( that's aleks' fav play x ), and he never got tired of it. It was just one of those plays/books you couldn't put down.
"sounds good. but at one point we're going to sit down and plan your lessons." it was halfway to plan richie's lessons and halfway to have an excuse to hang out with his boyfriend. "soon." he added on.
" that's so much work." ritchie said, " but if i get to sit around with mr.k a little longer, i might just do it."
he ruffled eddie's hair and laughed a little.
eddie slapped richie's hands away lightly. "don't do that." he ran his hand through his hair to fix it. "are you free on friday after work?" he asked. "if you are, you're coming to my house and we're working on your lessons."
" fine by me, my love." richie smiled, " i'm always free. well, not always, because i'm usually playing video games, but you know what i mean." he said, randomly drawing things on the paper he was meant to be making notes on.
"cool." he smiled softly.