6. reddie have a fight and stan enjoys it

the alarm richie heard every morning went off. it was a rock song, a guns'n'roses one, to be exact. he pressed the snooze button on his phone, slowly sitting up. quite frankly, he wanted to be in bed all day, but no. it was wednesday. he had two more days of pain. he glanced over at eddie.

" good morning," he hummed. he realised he fell asleep in his glasses, and it was pretty uncomfortable, so he took them off.

eddie woke up when the warmth from richie's body left him. he huffed, rubbing his eyes and stretching a bit before opening his eyes. at first he forgot why he was there, looking around the room and recognizing richie. oh shit, had they slept together? yesthen he remembered and internally laughed at himself for being a dumbass. they had slept together, just not like that. like a cuddly and sweet way.

"morning." he said groggily, not sitting up yet.

richie was about to get up using the other side of the bed, and realised his guitar was laying there.

" if i stepped on that, i'd kill myself." he joked, putting the guitar upright against the wall and standing up.

" how'd you sleep?" he asked.

eddie sat up slowly. "really well." he hoped he hadn't moved too much during the night so he wouldn't disturb richie. "you play the guitar?" he asked, nodding down at the instrument.

that was attractive as hell in eddie's opinion. "will you play for me sometime? please?"

" i used to play. i don't as much anymore. before uni i was in a band and everything, but the workload got too much and i decided it wasn't worth it. i used to write all the songs." richie said, " but i might play for you sometime. we'll see." he shrugged.

eddie smiled. this day was off to a good start already. " do you have a spare toothbrush?" eddie asked, suddenly aware of the gross taste in his mouth.

" yeah, it's in my medicine cabinet. i always keep two spares. just take one." he said, putting his glasses back on since he couldn't see.

"thanks." he slid off of richie's bed. "where's the bathroom again?" he asked.

" down the corridor, to the left. by the way, you know what i just realised?" richie asked as he opened his closet to see what he would wear.

"what?" eddie asked curiously.

" i bought 70 blankets instead of 69." he mumbled, " my life sucks. i need to throw one away." he said as he took out a flannel.

eddie chuckled. "you're a dork. i'm borrowing toothpaste." he said, heading out of richie's bedroom to the bathroom.

richie just realised he used glittery toothpaste. what an embarrassment.

eddie ended up borrowing one of richie's (black) turtlenecks and his jeans from the day before (he would trip over richie's jeans if he wore them). the shirt was big for him, but eddie didn't mind, he just pushed up the sleeves. they weren't working with paint or anything that would stain the shirt today in art class.

richie had given eddie several choices of cereal, so he just said 'whatever you're having'. and that's how eddie ended up having a mix of all nine of the cereals in a bowl with milk. it honestly didn't taste too bad.

richie checked the time, " we have five minutes before we need to go. think i can fit in a bottle of vodka?" he joked. he sat down on his couch, picking up the book left on the coffee table.

" ugh, i have such boring topics today. nobody enjoys studying much ado about nothing. the only funny thing is the guy has dick in his name. everything else is shit." he groaned.