Chapter 14: Scorpius Takes Action

Start from the beginning

James kept to his word and after dinner he stayed and waited for the Slytherin. Scorpius was finishing up and waited a bit for the crowd to die down then went up to the older brother of Albus. They walked down the dungeons James following closely behind, once they reach the entrance Scorpius says the password and they enter.

"Bloody hell its freezing down here" James comments. Scorpius rolls his eyes.

"You get used to it" Scorpius says.

"Hey! what the hell is a Gryffindor doing here?!" He hears Zabini ask.

"Relax he only here to talk to his brother Albus" Scorpius says.

James is starting to feel intimidated with all these Slytherins around, like he shouldn't be here, which theoretically he shouldn't, but he has to help his little brother. Scorpius shows him to the dormitory. James can immediately tell which is his brothers bed, since it's the only one with the curtains drawn.

"Al, I have James here he wants to talk you" Scorpius says softly. Albus pops his head out of the curtains in disbelief.

"Go away" Albus says and retreats.

"Albus please" James says going up to his bed and opening the curtains to see him.

This is the first time James is seeing him since this whole ordeal started two weeks ago. James was kidding, he wouldn't really tell the whole school. It's was just to scare him off the team, but James can see that it all backfired, cause in front him was his brother, but he looks tired, and a mess like he hasn't showered in awhile. He takes notice of the half full goblet and semi empty plate sitting on the night stand, Scorpius had brought that to Albus last night from the kitchens when he forced Albus to eat something.

"Albus Severus Potter, you're going to listen to me right now" James demands.

Scorpius just kisses Albus on the top of his head and walks out of the dormitory giving the brothers some privacy. Albus blushed at Scorpius' gesture then when he heard the door close he looked up at his brother whose now sitting on his bed facing him. James has to swallow his pride and just accept what is and let it be. Since there's nothing he do to change it.

"Al, Albus, I'm sorry, I really am, I shouldn't have said anything it was stupid, I guess I was just annoyed that you told Lily instead of me" James said sincerely.

"Are you serious, you really think I'd tell you with how things have been the last five years" Albus says annoyed.

"You're right, I've been horrible to you and that's not fair. It's not easy Albus" James says.

"Don't give me that rubbish, you've had everything handed to you from mum and dad and everyone; you're in Gryffindor, your the oldest so you always got everything new. Lily's the youngest and the only girl so she gets everything handed to her as well. Everyone loves Lily and everyone loves James he's just like his namesakes. Well you know what I got most of the time, nothing, everything you didn't want, old clothes, used textbooks, everything was handed down from you. That is until I was put into Slytherin, then they had to get me new robes. Everything that happened last year was horrible. I've only ever had one friend from day one that being Scorpius, he's been there for me everything single time that you weren't. And yeah romantic feelings took over that usual friends one, but you know what, how could it not. You think I don't know that I'm the disappointment one, I know what mum and dad really think and the rest of the family, but I can't change this it's too late for that. So if you think it's hard for you just think that there's others that have it harder one being me, your own bloody brother. Who you think to threaten like that! Do you have any idea how terrifying that is, to have someone threatening to out you to the whole school when you're not ready for people to know about it. Knowing that your brother is the one doing that. It's hurts. It hurt a lot. I knew we haven't gotten on with each other, but I never thought you'd go that low" Albus finished.

James was stunned with Albus' confession. He never thought of it from his brothers point of view. Now he feels like a real jerk.

"Albus I'm so sorry, I never thought of it like that" James says.

"Of course not, your to much of a prat to understand anyone else. Your bloody ego and pride gets in the way every time" Albus tells him.

"Look, I don't think I could ever make it up to you, but I'm truly sorry for what I did to you and I'll try to be better to you and Lily" James said.

"I'll believe it when I see it James" Albus says. He nods.

"But there's also something you don't understand as well about me. You don't get how hard it is to not disappoint mum and dad, they know I do well in school and that I have friends and get on well with loads of people, and living up to the namesake, plus having two younger siblings to look out for. Even if I wasn't doing that good at that, sure I get things handed to me but there's also lots of pressure put on me being the oldest, and you're right I'll never know how you feel and go through and that may not be enough compared to you, but it's still something Al, so think of it like that sometimes too. I'm sorry for everything I did to you, but you can't play the victim every time alright" James tells him.

Albus hasn't thought of that either. But it's dawning on the brothers that they don't know anything about each other.

"I guess that's everything?" Albus asks.

"So it's true about you Malfoy then?" James asks. Albus blushes.

"Yeah, it is" Albus says.

"Well ok then, as long as your happy with him then whatever, but I'll kick his arse if he hurts you" James tells Albus. The other just rolls his eyes.

"So you going to tell mum and dad?" James asks. Albus shrugs.

"I don't know, I'm scared of what they'll say about it, I don't want to be more more of a disappointment, I'm already in Slytherin and they hate it, I don't want to give them another reason too" Albus says.

"They don't hate you Al, I know they don't and I'm sure they'll be fine with this they have friends that are the same, and they never say anything bad about them, so I can't see them saying anything" James tells Albus truthfully.

"I know but it's still scary to think about it" Albus confesses.

"I'll be there for you if want, and I'm sure Lily will be too if you need us" James says.

"Thanks James, I'll, uh think more about it" Albus says.

"Good, well I think that's about it, I'll see ya Albus" James says standing.

"Wait, you won't tell anyone right? And I play Quidditch right" Albus asks.

"Yeah, go ahead, I'll still beat you anyway, and I won't say anything, promise" James tells Albus and he hugs his brother. Something that they haven't done in years.

They detach and James walks out and out of the Slytherin common room and goes back up to Gryffindor tower. He passes Scorpius on his way out and gives him a smile and goes on. Scorpius takes that as a cue to go back in and check on Albus. So he goes back and sees Albus smiling. Smiling cause he's never talked like that to his brother, they're finally on mutual ground and really getting along. Sure they'll always be a rivalry. But it's going to be friendly from now on. Scorpius was happy to see Albus happy there was no need for words.