"Have you told them that Hayden moved in with you?" 

"No, I also have to tell them that. They own the place so I probably should've asked first. Why are you distracting me from what you wanted to talk about?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him. He shakes his head. 

"Don't shoot down the idea as soon as you hear it, okay? Just let me say it, and then we can go from there." Calum takes a deep breath, and I nod, he's acting kind of weird. 

"So I told you that Mali is staying at my house while I'm on tour and stuff. She has to leave at the end of the week that would be your spring break, and I need someone to take care of Duke until I get back." He pauses, and I think for a second. 

"I mean, I don't know anyone in California who would be close enough to stay there but Hayden might. Or I guess Duke could come to stay with me, but I don't know if you can just fly a dog somewhere?" I press my lips together and hum a little bit, trying to think of any other possibilities. I'm interrupted by Calum chuckling.

"I love you, but sometimes you're oblivious. I'm asking you to stay there. I know it's a lot to process. I got you a plane ticket for the Friday before spring break starts and that means you'll have a little over a week with Mali so she can show you how everything works and get you settled." His face is hopeful, but I'm in shock. Moving across the country and living by myself in an unfamiliar place?

"Oh wow... What about Hayden? She hasn't been here that long, it feels wrong to say I'm leaving. My parents may not even let her stay here. You're right. It's a lot to ask." I'm glad that I was already sitting down because if I hadn't been, I might have fallen over.

"Hayden and I talked about it, but I'll let you talk to her yourself." 

I put my hand on my forehead and groan. "When did you even talk to Hayden?"

"When we argued, but she'll tell you the details when you ask her. I want you to know that you can tell me no, I can find someone else. There's no pressure."

"I'm going to say this now to get it out of the way. It's not that I wouldn't want to move in with you, but moving into your house without you is different. What if Duke doesn't even like me? And what if Hayden can't stay here? Then I won't have an apartment to come back to in June." A small smile plays at my lips and Calum chuckles. 

"Duke hasn't ever met anyone he doesn't like. He's the sweetest. As for June... I was kind of hoping you'd want to stay with me. If you don't want to officially move in, you could stay for the summer at least since you're usually in California then anyway. I bet your parents will let Hayden stay. I mean, the place is nice, and it's not like she'll skip rent or trash the furniture. I'm betting you didn't even tell them you had a roommate, so you have to do that too." 

I nod my head in response. "You're right, can you imagine my parents' faces? 'Oh, by the way, I got a roommate on your property without telling you, but now I'm leaving her here to go live in Calum's house in California. See ya!'. God, what am I going to tell them? Oh no. I couldn't even get a job here, what makes you think I can get one in LA? I mean I have savings, but I'm sure your rent and bills are like so much higher than what I'm paying now. There's no way I could afford to live in your house, Calum." I shake my head at him, running my fingers through my hair.

"Relax. The house was paid for outright, so I have no rent, but I do pay for bills, but that's all on me. I'm asking you to move across the country, and the least I could do is pay for your stuff." 

"No. There is no way I'm not paying for a single thing. I'll pay for my groceries and food or something. Even then, I'd have to find a job somewhere." I shrug, and he squints his eyes.