16

don't forget you can send me songs to add to the playlist for this book :)

Almost a month later, we have a week and a half left until Spring Break. Hayden had out of town plans with her college friends, and I was invited, but I figured I'd use the time to surprise Calum or something, who knows. 

Up until this point, Calum had really been spoiling me with daily calls and texts. He even sent flowers about a week ago. I think he was still worried. During the fight that he and Hayden had, he said he noticed that my sleeping habits were probably declining. They were at the time, but over the last month, I've been making an effort to fix them. It helps that Hayden is here too, I don't jump at every bump in the night.

Over the last week, I hadn't really heard from Calum. I got a text occasionally with his plan for the day followed by a "promise we'll talk soon, I love you." always. I appreciated that he spent the time to let me know he was thinking about me, although I missed him a lot.

So far I had seen him once every month, but it's almost the middle of March, and if his schedule doesn't let up any I don't know if I'd be able to see him over spring break. Not that it was necessary, I still have no job, so honestly, I could go see him any time I wanted. It just felt more convenient to do it while Hayden would also be gone. 

I didn't really have anything to do today, so I thought I might go over to my parent's house and give them my new rent check early. It felt like it'd be better to tell them in person that I have a roommate now, and since they technically own the place, I need to plan our interaction carefully. 

Today is Saturday so I was almost positive Lucas would be there. As much as he got on my nerves, I kind of missed him. He's nearly fourteen, so I'm sure my parents will get him a phone soon, and that means we'll be able to talk more often. 

As I was digging through my clothes to find my jeans and a regular t-shirt, I hear my phone vibrate against my nightstand. Calum was FaceTiming me. 

"Hey Cal, what's up?" He usually doesn't call me during this time of day. There was a lot of background noise, and the phone looked like it was aimed at his collarbone. From what I could tell, he was wearing a gray tank top.

"Just a second, we need to talk about something, but I have to find somewhere quiet first." 

"Oh, that sounds lovely." I laugh, getting a little bit nervous. His face appears on the screen.

"Don't worry, T, nothing to get all worked up over." I can hear his breathing, and I'm assuming he's jogging lightly. 

"Where are you?" I find a shirt in my closet and slip it over my head. 

Calum opens a door and then says, "Whoops, sorry!"

He opens another door and peeks inside before he steps all the way inside. It's dark for a second before the lights flip on. 

"The arena we're playing a show at tonight. We just got done with soundcheck. I'm alone now." Cal sighs before he finally smiles at me. 

"Hi baby, I missed you. I'm sorry we haven't talked a lot in this last week." 

I blush and give him a small smile. "That's alright, I've known that you were bound to get busy at some point. We've been lucky up to this point. I miss you more. What did you want to talk about?"

"Oh yeah, that. Are you busy right now?" 

"Not really. I don't have plans for the day, so I was thinking about taking my rent check to my parents early. I kind of want to see Lucas and Asher. Asher should be walking by now." I shrug, moving into the living room and sitting down on the couch.