Chapter 16 (POV Sunny)

I mean, its not like my head is empty. I'm just a positive person! Does it really matter if I'm a bit of an air head? People with like me the same, I mean, if Flame is right and there's nothing really in there...

Sunny was suddenly filled with anxiety. Flame walked away grinning at what he had accomplished. All of a sudden a person with bright blue hair smashed into Flame knocking him to the ground. "Don't you dare say anything of that sort to Sunny! She is perfect just the way she is, and you could never, EVER be as awesome as her!"

Sunny looked up and saw Tsunami yelling her head off at Flame, he turned and shrugged Tsunami off him, and grumbled away down the hall to class. Sunny looked up at Tsunami with awe. Could she ever stand up to a bully and shut them down the way she did? Probably not. Would she ever be as confident as her? No. Instead of helping her Tsunami had put even worse thoughts in her head. She gave a big sigh and clutched her books even closer to her chest, in hopes that it would make her seem energized and/or generally ok. The truth was that Sunny had been diagnosed with anxiety when she was thirteen, due to being in foster care her whole life. It had gone away for two years when she finally found her mother Thorn, but it had slowly consumed her life once again. Now at age seventeen, she was focussed on wearing a mask all the time, her 'GENERALLY OK' mask that she wore almost permanently.

Sunny gave Tsunami a weak smile.

"You alright there?", Tsunami asked her.
No.
"Yeah I'm great!"

"You shouldn't let Flame push you around like that, ya' know. He's a bully. In this situation we're the heroes and he's the villain."

"Yeah I know, it's just that it kinda gets to me sometimes. I get that I'm like the super happy, positive kind of person and he's like the sad weirdo who takes his anger out on everyone and everything, but sometimes I feel like I have to be happy even when I'm not feeling too great."

"Well, just remember that I'm always here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on."
Tsunami smushed Sunny's face into her shoulder and steered her to their next class, art.

Sunny and Tsunami sat down in the art room, it was a bright and colourful space full of students art and art supplies everywhere you turn. There were displays on all four walls and a projector could be pulled down over a whiteboard at the front of the classroom, it was on a slide which had the words:

Green Art Competition!

.Draw something that relates to nature or the colour green.

.Put your name and class on the back.

.Give it in to your art teacher.

.You will be entered into a prize draw for $150 dollar gift voucher for each year group!

"Now, class, if anybody would like to enter this contest, raise your hand," Ms. Grandeur said. Sunny raised her hand. Nobody else did. "Alright, Miss Brightbeam? I will email you tonight about the deadline, OK?"

"OK, Miss," Sunny agreed.Then the teacher started droning on about some random thing in class. Sunny was sitting on the edge of her seat when the bell finally rang. She had just ran out of the door when she saw Starflight. Giving Fatespeaker a peck on the lips.

OOOOOOOOOOH SUNNY MUH GURL WHATCHA GONNA DOOOOOO? Sorry this chapter wuz kind of a filler, soooooooooooo...

Yeah.

Bai Xx