Chapter 9 (POV Kinkajou)

I woke up by someone poking my forehead. This someone was Turtle. 

"Hey, Kink, we need to get going if we are going to make it on time to the party."

"Yeah yeah. I'm up. Hey Bob stop poking me it's really annoying".

I turned, sat up and rubbed my sore eyes. I checked the time on my watch and realised that the party was only in an hour.

"TURTLE! THE PARTY IS IN A HOUR! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP SOONER?"

Turtle turned his gaze down to his feet then muttered, "I kind of fell asleep again, sorry".

I sighed then flicked Turtle on the knee then picked up my bags.

"Look, either way we have to go to my house to get ready so we might as well go. It's also the closest house from the school. So if we go now there might be just enough time to grab a present, put on some decent clothes and arrive on time. Our whole class is going and pretty much the whole year. At least I want to impress them. Oh and we need to check if Moon is coming or not. If she is we may need to pick her up, just saying".

Turtle gave me a look that clearly said he had no fricking idea what I had just said. He was adorable and all, but clearly a little thick at times.

"Right. I totally got everything you just said there. So shouldn't we get moving? As you said we are already off schedule".

"Ugh, come on. We need to be at my house NOW!"

I tugged his arm and bounced up to the double doors that led up to the roof top. I opened the door, well at least I tried to.

'OMG! TURTLE, it's not opening! Are we locked up in here?!'. 

A chill of panic shivered through my bones. We're we going to be locked up here forever? Well for at least the night. Today was not going as planned. That was for sure. Turtle walked up to the door and pulled at it.

"Uh, yes I think so..."

"That means we might be locked up here, alone, with no food, no bed and no warmth! And no awesome party!"

"I will give someone a call."

Turtle took out his phone and scrolled down his contacts.

"Who should I call, Kink?"

"Um. Call Moon. She is good at picking locks. Her phone number is 250-666-3629."

My mind raced as he typed the number into the keypad. I hoped like I've never hoped before that Moon would pick up.

"Oh hi! Moon is that you? Oh ok cool. Look, me and Kinkajou are stuck at school, on the roof. I will give you directions to the roof. You're outside? Cool. Ok. We need to be ready for the party in forty nine minutes. We will get ready at Kinks house then walk there if we want to be there on time. Ok see you soon."

"She's inside the school now. It will take her about seven minutes to reach us, ok Kinkajou?"

"Ok good. So we're only going to be about ten minutes late?"

He nodded then packed his phone away into his bag, then he sighed out hard through his nostrils. "Oh, boy." I nodded. "Yeah, how are we going to get out of this?" We think for a bit, and before I know it, Moon is standing beside me, saying, "You guys don't have to walk. Let's ride." She grinned. She took my hand in one of hers, and Turtle's in the other. She raced down the steps, whisking me and Turtle along with her. She pushed open the front doors, and stopped. She gestured to her motorcycle. "Hop on." We obliged, and she got some extra helmets out of her bag. She handed them to us, and revved her ride. As soon as she was sure we were safely on, she sped away, us hanging on for dear life.

A/N Sorry guys! This chapter was kind of a filler, as I have very few ideas. Could you wonderful people suggest some? Thanks!

Bye!