Chapter Eleven

"We should do something," Violet said when she saw Hanna after school. "I know we only met this morning, but I like you already." Violet shrugged. "Do you wanna go get coffee or something? My mom gave me some money for helping with chores and stuff." Violet shrugged. "Only if you want to, don't feel pressured to join me." She smiled.

Hanna felt flattered that Violet wanted to hang out. Really, she did. The invite came to her as a surprise. She hadn't been invited to anything since her cousin's fifth birthday, and that was only because she's family so her cousin was forced to invite her. It was really sad, considering all the "friends" Hanna once thought she had, but it was life. She blushed and looked away from Violet. Surely she was just being nice. Hanna had learned her place years ago, and it wasn't where she wanted to be.

"You don't have to be so nice to me, you know," Hanna said. "Don't get me wrong, talking to you is fun and all, but like, you don't have to." Violet shrugged, still keeping her warm smile on her face. It seemed like Violet really meant it.

"It's no big deal, I like to think we get along rather well and want to get to know you better," Violet said. "What better way to do that than over coffee?" Hanna's cheeks warmed with a blush. She was starting to think that this was more than just a couple of new friends getting to know each other.

"I-"

"Come on, it's on me," Violet said. "I can even drive us there." Violet sure was being instant on this. Hanna couldn't imagine why other than she wanted a date. Of course it was a date. Hanna smiled. She'd always wanted a girlfriend.

"Sure yeah, let's go," Hanna said. Excitement pooled through her and she began shaking while trying not to get her hopes up too much. Why should this be a date? She'd only just met Violet officially that day. Besides that, she could see the chemistry between her and Oliver and knew for sure that even if they weren't currently together, they were meant to be. She normally wasn't one to ship real people, but Oliver and Violet were meant to be. She knew that for sure.

Hanna followed Violet out to her car, a simple little white thing. That's all Hanna could describe. She didn't know anything about cars anyway. Violet got in the driver's seat and Hanna climbed in.

"I know it isn't a very long drive, but you can pick the music," Violet said. "My CD's are in the glove box." Hanna opened the glove box, expecting to see a few cases stacked up in there, but there was an entire zip-up thing full of CD's, like her mom had. Hanna flicked through it and saw that Violet had a wide variety of CD's in her case. Everything from Kidz Bop (probably things she'd gotten when she was little) to My Chemical Romance and even Garth Brooks. Hanna stared at Violet, who shrugged. "I have a wide music taste, which is good for my passengers. Just please for the love of God don't pick anything having to do with Kidz Bop. I need to get rid of those." Hanna handed Violet a My Chemical Romance CD and "The End" came on before she pulled out of the school parking lot. Violet sang all of the words. Hanna could only stare at her because Violet didn't seem like the type who would actually enjoy emo bands, though Hanna supposed that she probably didn't fit it either and Violet was probably just as shocked to see that she'd picked an emo CD. Honestly though? Hanna thought it was great and she played air guitar in the passenger seat since Violet couldn't really fully immerse herself into the song because she was driving. Hanna thought that "The End" was underrated. It wasn't one of her favorite MCR songs, but she enjoyed it and didn't hear it enough.

Violet found a parking space close to the coffee shop and parked the car. She grabbed her wallet, very aware of the fact that she was not doing great on her "being independent" goal, but she'd felt like Hanna needed a friend to take her out for coffee or something. She looked like the kind of girl that no one necessarily hated, but they didn't really talk to her enough to want to invite her anywhere. A nice, platonic coffee date wouldn't hurt anything. In fact, from the look Hanna gave her when she'd asked her for coffee, she knew that this was a good choice.