Prologue

"Juli, give me the file!"

My hands shook as I held the thing that would make me a murderer once I use it. I looked at the lifeless body beside me and numbed my heart to all the feelings.

"No!" I said in a silent, strong rebellion. "I don't trust any of you anymore!"

They all circled me around, preventing any escape that I could ever have. My heart was choking up. If a few bloody papers takes all the importance than life itself, then some pathetic papers it is.

I raised my gun and steadied my arm to shoot at my aim. He was at the centre of it all - The glue holding everyone together. Holding everyone so closely that they turned first on him, I look at the dead body again and look back at the person on my gunpoint, and then on me. They don't even seem to question themselves on what they were doing.

I screamed as the bullet left my gun and pierced the gem of my heart and the only person who I looked up to when everything went down. I just never knew he was the one staging it all and watching me suffering from afar.

Everyone rushed to his side as he choked on his breaths. I had shot him in the heart just like he made me lose mine.

I slumped on the ground crying and screaming out in all the pain that was just building up. There was so much more to come.

The person lying just a few feet away from me looked at me with honest eyes, only dead. I crawled to him and held his head on my lap and just let my emotions take control for once because there won't be time later or in the words of Harry Styles,

C O M F O R T A B L E

S I L E N C E   I S   S O

 O V E R R A T E D

A step closer to dying again and gaining myself my soul, I just took it. I'll need it.

■■■■■■■■■

Thank you for reading. Please vote and feel free to comment... good day xo